Voice Commands App Bug?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by StingRay, Dec 7, 2010.

1. StingRay

StingRay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the car quite a bit and rely heavily on my bluetooth and voice commands....unfortunately I have been experiencing some problems with the pre-loaded Voice Commands app that came on my Droid Pro...

VC will recognize commands very well for a while, but then no matter what name or request I give it will keep giving me a "command not recognized" or something of that nature...no matter how simple of a name or command I give it will not recognize....

The fix for this malfunction or bug is to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and find the Voice Command App and delete data...after doing that the VC will function perfectly for a while, but then will experience the same problem every time...

Anyone else experiencing this with the pre-loaded Voice Command app on their Pro? Not sure if another app I've loaded is causing a problem with this app or what....I have not loaded any other similar type app, so not sure where the conflict is....

2. dblitt

dblitt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No valid contacts

While in voice command, no valid contacts available.

3. easyfire

easyfire New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon tech support claims this is a known problem

As per the Tech Dept, this is a known problem as I was advised when I complained. They said it would be fixed. However your work around is helping me. I am delaying purchasing two more Droids until this fix happens.

Thanks for your work around.

Search tags for this page
android voice command unfortunately
how do i get rid of voice commands on droid x

how to force stop and uninstall voice contrl on android

voice command app problem
voice command pre-loaded app
voice commands glitch android