bad esn

hstauffer

Reaction score
ok. i did a really stupid thing which was to buy a droid x for verizon from propertyroom.com. once i got the phone i found out it is on the stolen/lost list for verizon. the number is still listed in the phone so i called the number and left a message for the owner. then i did a reverse white pages search and found the owners name. then i found him on facebook and friended him. it took a couple of weeks but he accepted my friend request. so, now i have his email address from his fb info page and his wall, and i have been sending him messages: do you want your phone back? i bought it from the propertyroom website which sells lost/stolen/unclaimed items from the police warehouse. I leave a message every few days. nothing from the guy. i really want to use the phone and i offered him cash to take it off the lost list at verizon. no answer. is there anyway to use the phone on verizon or do i have to "flash" (whatever that is) for another carrier. Thanks for your help.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
sorry u got stuck with the problem but it is one of the main reasons why I don't buy a used phone without having it checked. actually one device I looked at, I had my vzw tech look at it here and low and behold, some things weren't right with the phone. my suggestion, seriously I don't think a bad esn is usable anymore. but it probably should be addressed with vzw itself. the questions can probably be better answered there than here. not saying vzw reps are worthy but its best to check with vzw.

ALOHA from Hawaii

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it has to do with a bill, you can pay the bill off. Otherwise, its on the blacklist.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

comk4ver

Reaction score
Cancel the payment with your bank tell them they sold you stolen goods and you didn't find out until it was to late.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Cancel the payment with your bank tell them they sold you stolen goods and you didn't find out until it was to late.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bad advice. He bought it from propertyroom.com which is a website where Police agencies liquidate items recovered that were stolen or used in crime. Reverse charging could get you arrested for theft of product. It is the same as a hot check if you have taken possession of the merchandize.

Sell it on ebay as a bad esn phone for parts. Some droids can be flashed with cricket or MetroPCS other then that you have a nice paperweight.

diverbelow

Reaction score
ok. i did a really stupid thing which was to buy a droid x for verizon from propertyroom.com. once i got the phone i found out it is on the stolen/lost list for verizon. the number is still listed in the phone so i called the number and left a message for the owner. then i did a reverse white pages search and found the owners name. then i found him on facebook and friended him. it took a couple of weeks but he accepted my friend request. so, now i have his email address from his fb info page and his wall, and i have been sending him messages: do you want your phone back? i bought it from the propertyroom website which sells lost/stolen/unclaimed items from the police warehouse. I leave a message every few days. nothing from the guy. i really want to use the phone and i offered him cash to take it off the lost list at verizon. no answer. is there anyway to use the phone on verizon or do i have to "flash" (whatever that is) for another carrier. Thanks for your help.

Only thing you can do is to flash it to Cricket and possible sell it that way.