backing up

usmc111111

Reaction score
What its the best way to back up my phone?i am getting a replacement phone on Thursday and was wondering how to back everything and then resync my phone with apps and such so i don't have to go and redo all my settings, similar to how iPhones work?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
As an extra safety measure, copy the contents of your external/removable SD card and internal a card on your PC. That way if something is missing when you go to do something on your new phone, you have another backup on your PC.

NWRULES

Reaction score
How does one go about doing that? I tried following the instructions on how to backup universal password manager on my PC. Instructions were very vague. Couldn't figure it out. And I'm not necessarily a novice on these things. Wondering how to backup phone contents on your PC.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm not sure if this is what you mean nwrules, but all I do to backup to my PC is create a folder on my PC and with the phone connected by USB mass storage mode a copy all the SD card contents, internal SD card contents and phone storage contents from my phone to the folder on my PC. Basically what I end up with is folders on my PC that mirror the contents of everything on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
U

usmc111111

Reaction score
Hey Tis, i used my backup pro and after i restored everything all my screens were blank, the ONLY thing i had was my app drawer

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You will have to set up your home screens again unless you used a home launcher where you could backup your settings. The backup apps like MyBackup and Sms Backup & Restore are for backing up your apps, call logs, texts, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

NWRULES

Reaction score
Thanks tismydroid. Totally what I was looking to do. Thanks for being descriptive. Helps a lot.