How can I speed up my phone?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm on ICS 4.0.4, and am using the latest GO Launcher. My phone is slow. Not sure what did it, if it's the ICS or the GO Launcher. But I do want to keep my same functionality.

How can I speed up my phone...er, clear it out? Is there some MSCONFIG-like utility I can use? Can I clear junk out?

What would be the best way to back up texts, data and contacts?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Why don't you try a different launcher like apex and see if its faster. You use an app to backup your texts. Just search in play store

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Why don't you try a different launcher like apex and see if its faster. You use an app to backup your texts. Just search in play store
The GO Launcher seems to have everything I want rather than me going to search out for individual components or buy anything else. I like the Weather widget, the widget to turn off services, the one to optimize, change your power settings and view how much more time is left on the current charge, can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Although, I really do hate the list of widgets but no name next to them (when trying to add more widgets).

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Try the "All In One Toolbox". It has some nice clean up features that may help. It has a cleaner for your sd card, cache, history, call/sms, and apk. It also has an app 2 sd feature, a built in file manager, and batch install/uninstall along with other features. The only feature it has that I don't recommend is a task killer.

Here is a thread about it.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/222494-free-app-v1-3-all-one-toolbox-14-features-optimize-your-android-system.html

Also try cutting back or turning off your auto sync/update. That can use up resources and cause lag too. I have everything on my phone set for manual update and I'm using Go Launcher and my phone is as smooth and as fast as it's always been. It doesn't lag at all.