Backing Up Settings & Apps

craigtaz

Reaction score
It has now been 24 hours since I bought my Droid. 35+ apps later and I'm in love! This thing is awsome!

Is there a recommended app for backing up everything?

Purgatory

Reaction score
If you have the Back up my settings option checked under privacy settings, then you don't need to update your settings or your apps that you currently have on your phone. Everything is saved to the google servers for you every day. This however does not keep the settings of how your home screens look or any of the settings for apps you have downloaded, as these are usually saved on your SD card. If you are just trying to make sure that your apps are saved, then have no worries, this setting also keeps your apps saved on the servers and will ask you to download the apps once you restore your phone. This will of course not work for any app that is not in the market.
I have not found anything that will save home screen settings, but I know that several people are working on it, so time is the only factor.

Reaction score
i hope somebody makes what sprite back did on winmo. one shot hit backup and the ENTIRE device was backed up. hit restore and the ENTIRE device was restored. settings, home screen blah blah blah

CDB

Reaction score
Take a look at MyBackup Pro.

I don't think you'll find an app that does a one-click backup/restore for everything. Understand that apps in the market place are marked 'public' or 'private' with paid apps typically being private. For security reasons, the Android OS doesn't allow private apps to be backed up to your SDCard. However, paid apps are always backed up to Googles cloud (doesn't matter if you have 'Backup my data' checked or not).

Purgatory

Reaction score
i hope somebody makes what sprite back did on winmo. one shot hit backup and the ENTIRE device was backed up. hit restore and the ENTIRE device was restored. settings, home screen blah blah blah

This is something I am waiting for and really, don't like the wait for, especially with the OS being out for a year already.

Reaction score

This is something I am waiting for and really, don't like the wait for, especially with the OS being out for a year already.

its kind of crazy it doesnt exist. i know everyone is hyped up on the fact google will save you apps (paid) but thats not the important thing to me its the settings, home screen etc....

bottom-line though if the device doesnt crash then its not needed i guess. unless you physically lose the device or need to swap the device for whatever reason.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

+1 Sprite was great. There was another that I can't recall (PIMBackup I think... that worked even better (and was free).

Reaction score
yes i think i remember. my phone came with sprite free so i just used it.

LOL on your sig picture i just noticed that.

Reaction score
i knew it was but i thought i read somewhere it doesnt backup everything. home screens settings widgets /settings stuff like that. maybe i will check into it again.

thanks