New droid = all apps lose settings?

Veronis

Reaction score
Hey all,

I upgraded to a Droid X from a Moto Droid and used Mybackup Pro to back up all my apps (some like Tower Raiders and a few others didn't get backed up).

How do I go about backing up the apps I really don't want to lose my settings for (since MyBackup doesn't back them up), and then ensure they're properly linked to the Droid Market so that I still receive updates?

Or...is this an app issue and I'm screwed?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Veronis are you using the stock sdcard in your X or the one that was in your droid1? Alot of apps store data on the sdcard.

OP
V

Veronis

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion...I already moved all the data that was available in USB Mass Storage, to no avail.

Unless there's a lot of "hidden" stuff in the SD Card that isn't in the folder views visible in a file manager like ASTRO, or when USB'd to a computer.

shakesbrice22

Reaction score
Doesn't google back up all the apps now??? I've done lots of factory resets and I just make sure and check the box for google to back up my apps when I activate my phone. Super handy. It may have only started doing this with the new Froyo update I'm not sure. Before this I used Titanium backup and had pretty good success with that. Not 100% certain if it backs up settings or not but try it out.