boatman2220

Reaction score
I went and watched the movie yesterday, and was completely blown away. Every little detail was beyond other movies that I've seen like this. Maybe because it was 3D, but it made me wonder what things will be like in 20yrs. Droids where you can watch your movies in 3D or a hologram.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my droid does holograms now... ;) don't tell me anything, i haven't seen it yet!

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Went to the midnight showing with a group of friends and we were ALL just amazed. It really is a revolutionary film, at least from a technical standpoint. I think it marks the next great leap forward in filmmaking. You HAVE to watch it in 3D and in fact it made me feel like buying a 3D TV at some point once they become available (and affordable). And I'd never really been that sold on 3D in the living room but after watching Avatar, I thought, how can I go back to watching a normal Blu-Ray of this?

There wasn't a moment in the film where I felt the Na'Vi weren't real, living, breathing characters. The facial expressions and animations are just incredible.

For geeks like us I think it's a great time to be alive! :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, just made a "man-date" with a friend of mine to go see it.. he used to do cgi stuff at a firm in atlanta

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Darn it! I want to see this movie soooooo bad to see what the deal is. SO do you have to buy 3d glasses or does it come with the movie?

OP
B

boatman2220

Reaction score
Went to the midnight showing with a group of friends and we were ALL just amazed. It really is a revolutionary film, at least from a technical standpoint. I think it marks the next great leap forward in filmmaking. You HAVE to watch it in 3D and in fact it made me feel like buying a 3D TV at some point once they become available (and affordable). And I'd never really been that sold on 3D in the living room but after watching Avatar, I thought, how can I go back to watching a normal Blu-Ray of this?

There wasn't a moment in the film where I felt the Na'Vi weren't real, living, breathing characters. The facial expressions and animations are just incredible.

Actually there was really great deals at one of the home shopping channels, Shop MSNBC, something like that. There was a 65" DLP TV there for $1350 with stand and cables, free shipping and setup. Too bad I'd just bought a package from BestBuy. DLP is the same technology that's at the movies.

OP
B

boatman2220

Reaction score
The
Darn it! I want to see this movie soooooo bad to see what the deal is. SO do you have to buy 3d glasses or does it come with the movie?

The price of admission is usually about $1.00 more.

OP
B

boatman2220

Reaction score
The things that you see in 3D in the movie aren't just floating around on the screen. There's depth and form, all working together. Within a couple of minutes you forget you've got the glasses on. Be sure to clean any smudges off while waiting on the movie. LOL

Lady Droid

Reaction score

Actually there was really great deals at one of the home shopping channels, Shop MSNBC, something like that. There was a 65" DLP TV there for $1350 with stand and cables, free shipping and setup. Too bad I'd just bought a package from BestBuy. DLP is the same technology that's at the movies.

Yeah I know there are a couple DLP sets that are "3D-ready" but I'm waiting for the next-gen sets. I'm the kinda girl who prefers getting the latest and best tech you can, for the best price possible. :)

jev

Reaction score
Just got back from seeing it and it totally lives up to the hype. I was blown away and could have immediately watched it again. Hands down one of the best movies I have ever seen!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing it and it totally lives up to the hype. I was blown away and could have immediately watched it again. Hands down one of the best movies I have ever seen!

I couldn't agree with you more I saw t in 3D and it was totally worth it!!! Awesomw movie.