avalon in open beta

flyinion

Reaction score
if you've been waiting for it like i have, go here now :)

this requires sapphire 1.1.1

enjoy!

best,
rf

I tried this after DL had it on their custom theme friday feature. Having a serious FC problem with Gmail. I've been running 1.1.1 with Renovated and I flashed the stock 1.1.1 theme first (NOT the rom just the theme) then flashed avalon over it and gmail exploded. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Flashed sapphire in this morning, working great so far. Also themed with Avalon and the only thing that is missing is the launcher buttons they show from the launcher pro screenshots. Cannot find how to set these anywhere in the options screen.

Killershade

Reaction score
if you've been waiting for it like i have, go here now :)

this requires sapphire 1.1.1

enjoy!

best,
rf

I tried this after DL had it on their custom theme Friday feature. Having a serious FC problem with Gmail. I've been running 1.1.1 with Renovated and I flashed the stock 1.1.1 theme first (NOT the ROM just the theme) then flashed Avalon over it and Gmail exploded. Any ideas?

I am about to re flash everything because of the Sapphire 1.1.1 bug where the lock screen goes dim then back on in about 3 seconds. Started to annoy me having to lock it twice every time I wanted to look at the time.

I will let you know if I run into any issues but so far I have been running it fine.

The order I went in on the installation was
Backup>Wipe>Rom>Gapps> let it boot and set up Google fully > reboot into recovery > kernel > theme.

Its worked for me every time, hope that helps!

kevinthorn

Reaction score
Anyone know why...after initial installation, I reboot it, and facebook widget unthemed itself!!!!! also, gmail is working fine but, weather/news FC's upon opening it. Other than that, its an amazing theme.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

yea I have the same problem with facebook it was themed than out of nowhere updated itself and unthemed itself it was weird. Another problem is in the alarm clock section when trying to set the alarm you can not see the text to set the alarm.

Schoat333

Reaction score
I love this theme, but I do have a few problems so far.

Twitter FC's every time i try to login.

Some of the app header text is blurry. (this may be a GEM setting)

The themed keyboard does not seem to be working for me. When I select the second android keyboard under settings, no keyboard comes up. (I have never had any luck using themed keyboards)

Other than that, great work!

taward09

Reaction score
for some reason, my market won't load. is this a known issue? (this, of course, was after loading Avalon.)

Edit: I haven't flashed gapps. forgot Sapphire didn't come with those.

Reaction score
for some reason, my market won't load. is this a known issue? (this, of course, was after loading Avalon.)

Market worked fine for me, you made sure to load GAPPS after you installed sapphire?

Schoat333

Reaction score

You need to flash gapps before you flash the theme since some of the apps are themed.

You should wipe, install sapphire, install gapps, then reboot. Wait for all of your apps to download and sync, then reboot into recovery, and flash the theme.