AutoKiller: What Preset Is Best For Optimum Performance?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was rooted I tested it in all 3 suggested settings. I found it had absolutely no effect on battery no matter where I put it.

I agree with the other posters. Don't bother with it.

OP
B.Wallace85

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
Oh OK. I just read that it wasn't really a task killer per se. Already installed. Thanks guys.

Shibbey

Reaction score
Autokiller is not the same as a task killer. Autokiller just raises or lowers the Android setpoints for killing apps. It is not an active killer, rather, it utilizes the Android OS, and allows for some tweaking of the thresholds.

To answer the first question. The helop files urge you to use the lowest setting possible without noticable lag. Each phone is different so, for me, it may be different than yours. Personally, I found optomized works best for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B.Wallace85

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
How can I improve my battery life? It has drastically decreased since I rooted.

OP
B.Wallace85

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
Autokiller is not the same as a task killer. Autokiller just raises or lowers the Android setpoints for killing apps. It is not an active killer, rather, it utilizes the Android OS, and allows for some tweaking of the thresholds.

To answer the first question. The helop files urge you to use the lowest setting possible without noticable lag. Each phone is different so, for me, it may be different than yours. Personally, I found optomized works best for me.

That's what I originally heard.

Shibbey

Reaction score
There are several threads out there about battery life. Make sure you set up SetCPU profiles to reduce you CPU speed when possible (ie. lower the speed to 400 or so when screen is off).

JuiceDefender claims to help, debatable. I use it off an on. Seems to help sometimes. LOL.

Manually adjust screen brightness rather than autobrightness.

Etc.

OP
B.Wallace85

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
There are several threads out there about battery life. Make sure you set up SetCPU profiles to reduce you CPU speed when possible (ie. lower the speed to 400 or so when screen is off).

JuiceDefender claims to help, debatable. I use it off an on. Seems to help sometimes. LOL.

Manually adjust screen brightness rather than autobrightness.

Etc.

So on SetCPU, whatever I set the Max too is pretty much what it'll go by?

Shibbey

Reaction score
Do a forum search on SetCPU. Too much for me to try and explain via Tapatalk. It depend on the governor used. OnDemand seems to be the most popular. Which keeps the speed at the lowest until you start doing something then it ramps the speed up to where it is needed, not faster than the max