Auto on/off at set times

teamhoover

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set the phone to turn on and off at specified times. I.e. turn on at 8:00 am and off at 11:00 pm.

Reaction score
please someone find a way to do this! the one and only thing i miss about my blackberry!!! I feel ur phone runs better if it gets a break sometimes, but my phone is my alarm so i would need it to turn on and wake me up!! someone please make this possible!!!! Root or nonRoot dont matter!

LouS

Reaction score
I never found an app to do this. Can't believe there isn't one...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know with Tasker you can set profiles, but I am not sure about turning the phone "on" from a powered down state

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
+1 for Tasker and there is also an app called Setting Profiles that I believe is similar to this...

Also, not sure about powering on but will power off...

Reaction score
The only phones that I'm aware of with this capability are blackberries.

Why you ask? Because short of pulling the battery, a blackberry is never truly off. Instead, they go into a sort of hibernation mode which allows the phone to boot up quickly when you turn it "on" and also allows for the auto on/off functionality.

However, this is also the reason that it is suggested to pull the battery frequently on blackberry, because they don't have a task killer and manage multitasking poorly.