Juice Defender for Droid X

cece5702

Reaction score
It is any good? Does it really save battery? I am really noticing a difference today with my extended battery.

I had to turn off data and stop the push of my emails. I set my emails to fetch every 30 minutes or I check them manually. I also set my Battery Manager settings to Maximum Saver.

I unplugged my phone at 7:00 am this morning, and its now 1:25 pm and its at 80%. I sent some text messages, browsed CNN for news and opened some emails. I guess thats pretty good?

Oh by the way, I love this DROD X. :icon_ banana:dancedroid

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
I heard some people saying its another app running in background draining your battery. I've personally never used it so I can't comment on how effective it is. But I would say go for it if you are experiencing improvements.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi Cece5702
I also used Juice Defender app for 3 months. I also disable email fetch. I do it manual. Each day my battery last 25 to 30% longer. I am happy with it and using free version.

msscull

Reaction score
I use the free Juice Defender & I get more battery life.

Heavy phone/internet use...will still only last a day.

Light to medium use...I get 1.5 to 2 days.

I leave JD on the default setting & use WiFi when at home.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Can you tell me what your settings are? I have no idea what to set it at to even notice a difference. I'm getting frustrated with this app already. Lol !!!
I use the free Juice Defender & I get more battery life.

Heavy phone/internet use...will still only last a day.

Light to medium use...I get 1.5 to 2 days.

I leave JD on the default setting & use WiFi when at home.

msscull

Reaction score
The default setting for Juice Defender is "balanced." It works great for me.

I have the battery manager set to the maximum saver mode.

I turn on WiFi when I am at home or when I am going to be around a constant WiFi source. WiFi uses less battery life than data over the cellular network.

I turned off the data push & set the fetch schedule for every hour.

plenoz

Reaction score
it nice app

you can make schedule for the data, and also have night mode.

i'm using it since droid1 :)

codustyle

Reaction score
has anyone found a method to turn off data thats running gingerbread? the toggle widget deosnt work, widgetsoid doesnt work.... i cant find a way that works thru gb....

BodyBagz

Reaction score
IMPO...its not needed. I can manually set my phone to save as much as JD does...and thats 1 less app I have to have running and actually using the battery...seems self-defeatist to me...

Below is the Pre Rooted/DeoDexxed 4.5.573 GingerBread release with GingerJuice Theme...no battery mods, no under/overclock, with the stock battery. This is actually "above normal" use for me on calls and GPS...I am consistently getting 20+ hours out of a single charge...

2ewyxb5.png

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I started this thread and I'm so glad I did. JD works great on my phone. This is day 2 of installation. Last night when I went to bed at 10:30 pm my battery was at 50%. Now this is after a day of texting, Twitter, watching Fox news, MSNBC and CBS news videos, checking emails and downloading apps from the Market. I was very impressed.

My JD status is set at "Advanced".
Battery setting is Maximum Battery Saver,
I turned off Data Push and have my emails set to fetch every hour.

I had turned off background data also but I realized I didnt really need to do that, plus I cant get into the Market with data background turned off.

so far its working really great for me!!:):icon_ banana:

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
If I turn on WIFI at home should I turn off background data? May i ask why you only turn it on at home?

I turn on WiFi when I am at home or when I am going to be around a constant WiFi source. WiFi uses less battery life than data over the cellular network.

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score

hOW DO YOU DISABLE DATA FETCH AND SET IT FOR A SCHEDULE OR DO MANUAL UPDATE?

msscull

Reaction score
If I turn on WIFI at home should I turn off background data? May i ask why you only turn it on at home?

At home I have a constant WiFi source. If am going to be some place for a period of time, like work or family member's house with WiFi, I will use WiFi. Other than that I keep WiFi turned off. That is so the phone does not waste the battery constantly searching for a WiFi signal.

As far as background data, mine stays checked. I am going to have to experiment with this setting a little to see what happens if it is "unchecked."

Last edited:

msscull

Reaction score

hOW DO YOU DISABLE DATA FETCH AND SET IT FOR A SCHEDULE OR DO MANUAL UPDATE?

The "fetch" is a schedule. Mine is set to every hour...it will check email.

It is "data push" you want to uncheck. On my Droid X, it is under settings>data manager>email & corporate sync>email delivery. I think there is a shorter way, but I don't go there that often to remember.

mstrzn

Reaction score
Frequent cycling

Has anyone noticed if Juice Defender on Droid X goes through frequent cycling? I've had the Droid X for a month and one of the first apps I downloaded. It has been great and doing a good job. Lately though the app seems to have a mind of its own. The phone screen will show the Motarola logo and go through the whole power up process. Then a few minutes later it will do it again. Has anyone run into as similar problem. Wondering if I should delete this app?