Audio Levels/Better Kernels?

pudah

Reaction score
Recently I downgraded back to 2.0.1 stock, re-rooted, then installed Pete's 2.1 ROM to remain rooted and running 2.1. I also installed a medium voltage CevyNo1 Kernel to enable wifi tether, and overclocking. In another thread (where I was told I could run 2.1 stock and still root) I was told I should run an AdamZ kernel in particular with this setup. I asked where to find it, and searched, but have had no luck. Anyone here know? Any reason this would work better or worse? The reason I ask is because of the problem I'm having. All of my audio, except music volume, calls and alarms, seem to be linked. What I mean is when I turn up/down a notification, the navigation volume, system volume, etc., it also changes it for those other things and for the ringtone volume. I leave my ringtone set to vibrate pretty much 24/7. It used to be that I could leave it to silent/vibrate, but the music could have it's own volume, the call volume had it's own level, the navigation had it's own level and the system had it's own level. I couldn't turn the system down until I installed audio manager, but then I could turn that down to 0 (how I liked it) have the music, alarms and calls turned up, the notifications down and the ringtone to vibrate. No more. I have to unmute navigation every time I use it, and then when Im done I have to remember to turn the ringtone back down to vibrate. Anyone know what's going on here or know of a fix? You think it's the kernel or more likely the 2.1 update?

Last edited:
OP
pudah

pudah

Reaction score
Nobody? Can anyone perhaps enlighten me as to what might be the problem? Is this likely an issue with the kernel, or with Pete's 2.1 ROM, or something else?

jasonb

Reaction score
that's definitely a very strange issue. i have used both chevy's and adamz kernels and never had that issue.

OP
pudah

pudah

Reaction score
that's definitely a very strange issue. i have used both chevy's and adamz kernels and never had that issue.

I tried a different kernel and it's still doing it, so I don' think that's the issue. Anyone have any other suggestions? Anyone know enough about how this stuff is all coded to have an idea why these might be linked together when they didn't used to be? Are there any other programs like audiomanager that works similarly I could try to see if it's the culprit?

Last edited: