AT&T Emphatically Declares it Will Not Support Unlocked Bootloaders Now or Ever

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've been a customer since 1989 or maybe earlier ...I will most definitely leave Big Red when that day comes knocking.on my door ..

N2 tap'd HD

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been a customer since 1989 or maybe earlier ...I will most definitely leave Big Red when that day comes knocking.on my door ..

N2 tap'd HD

No you wouldn't you are a vzw loyalist. If you could give vzw more of your money you would ;).

:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
No you wouldn't you are a vzw loyalist. If you could give vzw more of your money you would ;).

:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Haha....brotha I will leave faster than you can say"can you hear me now?"

If they offered me lower plan than other carrier I'd leave anyway..see ya

N2 tap'd HD

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been a customer since the late 90s. I will not say I'm going to leave Big Red if they kill the unlimited but I will definitely move to a "shop around and compare" mode.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I actually heard that news as well but until it's official we can only speculate. I think once they move to AWS they will feel like they have no choice but to.

People have been talking about VZW taking away or unlimited for about 3 years. Truth be told, I think it's too small of segment for VZW to be overly concerned with at this point. And to my knowledge, VZW has rarely NOT continued to honor a grandfathered plan.

They got a nice chunk with removing the subsidy. The shared plans probably enticed even more people to go to a tiered plan. I'd be surprised if they had more than 5M people left on unlimited plans, with that number probably going down by the day.

Don't know if VoLTE is going to force a change. But unless you really NEED to consume a ton of data, I have a suspicion VoLTE will be so compelling as to entice most of the remainder to switch. Unlimited minutes and crystal clear calling is still a pretty big carrot.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I'm not "stealing" a service like you make it sound.....I just found a service I wanted at a cheaper price. People do that with almost all products and services that they buy.

Sent from my sexy galaxy s 3 ;-)

edit, removed moot post

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
The FCC ruled on this last year. Verizon cannot legally stop people from using a third party app to tether. We are allowed, by law, to download third party apps to use. It is not like walking out of the store without paying for something. It is like walking out of the store without paying for something that should never have been charged for in the first place. JMHO...FWIW.

What Verizon's FCC tethering settlement means to you (FAQ) | Mobile - CNET News

thanks for posting, i didnt know that.
disregard my last.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
The FCC ruled on this last year. Verizon cannot legally stop people from using a third party app to tether. We are allowed, by law, to download third party apps to use. It is not like walking out of the store without paying for something. It is like walking out of the store without paying for something that should never have been charged for in the first place. JMHO...FWIW.

What Verizon's FCC tethering settlement means to you (FAQ) | Mobile - CNET News

i was tired yesterday and only read the first part of this article, as it turns out, i wasn't wrong as i thought.
Quote from the article,

What if I have an old Verizon unlimited data plan? Can I download an app and avoid the $20 tethering fee too?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no.
Verizon says that customers under the unlimited plan are required by the company's terms of service to pay an additional fee to tether their device.