Asurion insurence

Vandy343

Reaction score
Hey guys what is asurion doing for og droids now, my volume rockers bairly work and my power button is about to meet its end. I remember reading somewhere that they don't offer og droids anymore.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys what is asurion doing for og droids now, my volume rockers bairly work and my power button is about to meet its end. I remember reading somewhere that they don't offer og droids anymore.

If they do not have the OG android phone anymore, they will send you a like device. I've read alot of people are getting droid 2's, but it's all what that area has in stock, if you call them they should tell you what phone you could get if they don't have the OG droid.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just got two asurion replacements about 2 weeks ago and from talking to the rep they have plenty of droid 1's in stock and dont plan on running out anytime soon.

warrior21

Reaction score
i just got two asurion replacements about 2 weeks ago and from talking to the rep they have plenty of droid 1's in stock and dont plan on running out anytime soon.

That's odd, one of my coworkers and I just put in claims last month around the same time and both got the droid 2 as a replacement. They sent me the R2D2 version.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

That's odd, one of my coworkers and I just put in claims last month around the same time and both got the droid 2 as a replacement. They sent me the R2D2 version.

i was actually hoping to get something else because im pretty bored with my D1

warrior21

Reaction score

i was actually hoping to get something else because im pretty bored with my D1

I used it for a day and then swapped my wife for her D1. For me it lagged too much, although the keyboard was nicer.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If i remember correctly i thought it had something to do with the geographic location of the person in which the claim was being submitted, because we've had members get a D1, and then 2 states away they were saying they didn't have any D1's and only had D2's. Even though when the first person called they said they had over 50 in stock. I've never managed to figure out that company.

Droids

Reaction score

Sounds like hardware issues, which would be covered by the manufacturers warranty, not Asurion.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Sounds like hardware issues, which would be covered by the manufacturers warranty, not Asurion.

only for the 1st 12 months you can take it directly back to verizon for a replacement. After 12 months you have to file a claim no matter if its a manufacturer defect or it gets lost/stolen/broken.