assigning ringtones to contacts

s_cuttic

Reaction score
When I try to assign a ringtone to one of my contacts, it doesn't save. It just stays the default ring tone. I use game over guitar as my default but I want insert coin for when my Dad calls. I go into contacts, select my Dad, hit the menu key, go to options and change the ringtone to what I want but it never saves. I never had a problem on my droid x. Is this a fluke on the razr or is there a trick to it? I've tried clicking OK and even just hitting the return key but either way it changes back to the default ringtone.

SallyC

Reaction score
If you are assigning ringtones that are on your external SD card, this can cause a problem. Be sure you have your ringtones in a directory on your internal memory. Here's a thread with more info.

OP
S

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Nope. Just using the stock ringtones that are on the phone. I haven't tried using mp3's from my SD card but never had problems on my droid x. I just don't understand why it doesn't stay changed. My default ringtone for when someone calls is right but if I go into contacts, select someone, hit the menu button and click options and click on ringtone and change the ringtone, it doesn't stay changed. It goes right back to the default one.