Problem assigning ringtones on Droid RAZR MAXX

Jeana

Reaction score
I have assigned specific ringtones to certain contacts on my MAXX. Then I have a default ringtone of course. Every couple of days my specific ringtones convert back to the default. I've had this phone for about a month and it does it a couple times a week. I'm not aware of a "save" button anywhere. When I assign the ringtone it says "successfully saved ringtone" so I can't figure out what's going on. I had a Droid X before the MAXX and the process was the same. Just can't figure this out. It's very annoying. Any suggestions?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have assigned specific ringtones to certain contacts on my MAXX. Then I have a default ringtone of course. Every couple of days my specific ringtones convert back to the default. I've had this phone for about a month and it does it a couple times a week. I'm not aware of a "save" button anywhere. When I assign the ringtone it says "successfully saved ringtone" so I can't figure out what's going on. I had a Droid X before the MAXX and the process was the same. Just can't figure this out. It's very annoying. Any suggestions?

I'm shooting in the dark here, but do you have your phone list sync with your Facebook or other social networking? My theory is that it may be overwriting your existing phone list with the same numbers and in the process the phone sees the new entry of the same number as different than the one you set the ringtone for, so it reverts back to the default tone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jeana

Reaction score
Yes I Have Facebook.

I do have Facebook on my phone. However, I've only had it on about a week. This ringtone problem has been since day one of me purchasing the MAXX. I've put these ringtones back in several time before that. They'll work for a few days then they jump back to the default.

glennk

Reaction score
I also have the same problem. The other problem is the "Incoming Calls" - "Sends calls directly to voicemail" does not save for certain contacts.

I talked to a Verizon rep. And he does not know of any issues reported. My phone is already updated to the current version. Please help also. I do not use any social networking.

Chukee

Reaction score
Sounds like u got the ringtone on your sd. If so move them to internal. Should be fine after that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Andielyn

Reaction score
similar problem here

I am having a similar problem here with ringtones, although I don't have any assigned to specific contacts. A few times now they have reset for no reason to default--actually not even default but instead when I go into ringtones there is nothing checked. This is happening with my call ringtones and alarm ringtone. It seems to happen to me after I've powered off. I don't have the Facebook app running but I am syncing my contacts list.

treyinga

Reaction score
I just started having the same problem and it will not even let me change my ringtone.