1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

assert in apply_patch_check when upgrading

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by cmtptr, Jan 16, 2011.

1. cmtptr

cmtptr New Member

Hi,

For several weeks now my Motorola Droid has been trying to install an automatic update. Each time I tell it to proceed, the phone reboots, then stops at the following assertion:

I have not rooted this phone or done any sort of unsupported modding. In fact, I use it almost only for mail/web, ssh (ConnectBot), and the occasional phone call.

What is /system/app/CertInstaller.apk, and why is it causing an assertion during the upgrade? Does this file belong to any specific app that I could uninstall to get past this? Is there anything else that I can do to work around this?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. cmtptr

cmtptr New Member

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have any suggestions at all? I can't go to Verizon tech support. I tried that briefly and got the usual, "try taking the battery out of the phone for a few seconds...," which is utterly retarded since this is clearly a software problem.

Thanks.
  3. cmtptr

cmtptr New Member

Could someone at least be kind enough to redirect me to another community where I might find a solution? This is getting very irritating -- not so much that I can't update my phone, but that nobody seems to have any answer!
Search tags for this page
android update assert failed: apply patch check
apply check videoeditor.apk

apply patch check

apply patch check 99
apply patch check apk
apply patch check to books s3
assert failed : apply patch check (â« /system/app/smsreg.ode
assert failed apply patch check
assert failed apply patch check memopad
assert failed: apply patch check
assert failed: apply patch check(/system/app/accuweatherphon