As much as I enjoy the Liberty symbol...(Help?)

iFlippy

Reaction score
I'm stuck on it. I have a feeling it's Liberty zip file I used. Can anyone give me the link to a working zip?

Oh and I guess I'll just do a nandroid restore or would flashing over this with a working zip be sufficient? For the most part, I need to know how to get into clockwork when I power on. Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot in to stock recovery and do a factory reset. See if that gets you straight.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So you didn't wipe data before flashing to preserve your angry birds save? You always have to wipe when flashing a new Rom that's just how it is. The fix from that thread won't help you. Just do a data wipe then when the phone boots up go in to clockwork and restore your backup and use titanium to back up all your apps and flash the Rom with a data wipe.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know it kinda sucks but at least you can be up and running and then restore your backup and get appropriately prepared.

tappin and a talkin

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully the end'll justify the means. Well this is interesting, what's this shiny gold bar?

Well w/e it is, I'm restoring my nandroid backup. I guess that would be redundant considering I'm wiping the data to install Liberty.

...Damn confused.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh were you able to get in to clockwork? If so then you can just restore the backup but usually you can't get in to clockwork if you're in a bootloop.

tappin and a talkin

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Lol. The restore left the Liberty logo on.

Oh were you able to get in to clockwork? If so then you can just restore the backup but usually you can't get in to clockwork if you're in a bootloop.

tappin and a talkin

With enough battery pulls, I managed to get back into clockwork. Patience is the virtue when doing that method though 'cus I only realized clockwork shows up after the initial bootscreen (never really started clockwork from bootup).

Anyways, Im going to do a titanium backup, wipe everything, then try and install liberty again.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya that happens. If you want I can give you instructions to nix it but if you're just going to flash liberty then it doesn't really matter.

tappin and a talkin

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Well that's my intention but idk how I go about backing up my contacts/ saves w/ Titanium yet when wiping all my data, wouldn't Titanium not be installed anymore? (I ask this because I don't know how paid apps work when it's uninstalled during reformatting or w/e).

Still new to all this. The only past experience I've had was installing Squidly without any concern for my contact list.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What happens is you back up all user apps with titanium. Then go in to the contacts app and hit menu and then more and then import/export and choose to export contacts to SD. Then when you flash the Rom after wiping data you will activate the phone. Use the same gmail acct and it will register all of your paid apps as being paid for. So you'll open yo the market and all of your apps will be redownloading. Find titanium and cancel and then restart the download. Once it finishesdownloading, open it up and start restoring user apps. Then go in to the contacts app and choose menu then import contacts from SD. You'll be set, in fact the act of importing contacts usually forces them to be tethered to Google making the process a little easier next time.

tappin and a talkin

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Ah, that pretty much answers all my concerns then -- good to know I don't have to pay more than once for the app. I appreciate the help and will be resuming my attempt to get liberty on my phone.

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a smooth installation now. Restoring my backed up apps shouldn't be too sluggish considering the only app I've backed up is Angry Birds (lol) and of course my contacts. I'll be back when everything is finished. Thanks again.