Can't update to GB 0.9

knw257

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm currently on GB 0.8 on a Droid 2, which works for the most part, but has a few glitches. I want to update to 0.9, and have purchased the ROM toolbox. I can download the ROM no problem, but every time I go to install it, I get an error that the install failed. It's instructing me to open the ROM Toolbox to report the issue, but I don't see anywhere to do so. I figured I could post the recovery.log here, maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Any help you guys can give would be awesome. Thanks.

P.S. Log attached to post in form of ZIP.

EDIT* I found another post on this forum that suggested rebooting into recovery and installing the ROM manually. I tried doing so by booting into Clockwork, wiping the cache, and selecting the file from /sdcard/Liberty/Nightlies/lgb-D200.9.zip. Here's the clockwork output when trying to do so:

Code:
--Installing: SDCARD:Liberty/Nightlies/lgm-D2-0.9.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/Liberty/Nightlies/lgb-d2-0.9.zip
(bad)

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you read the liberty gb thread?
Anyway, go into your file manager and add a (.zip) to the end of the 0.9 file. Then install it in clockwork.

Pay it forward

OP
K

knw257

Reaction score
Yeah, I read several posts here before posting myself. I did find one after posting that I missed the first time around, but I updated my post with the results of that as well. Not sure where to go from here, any help is welcome (and sorry for being a newb).

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't be sorry.

I haven't been on liberty for a while, but this is what my file looked like (the middle one). I added (.zip) to it and flashed in cw. It worked fine. I never saw a file with the name you listed for 0.9. Maybe i've been out of the loop on liberty and the name changed :)

Pay it forward

OP
K

knw257

Reaction score
Yeah, I have actually seen that file before (been having this issue for a while now, just never took the time to post about it). I think they recently fixed it so that the file gets named correctly when finished downloading.

I guess I'll just keep trying to re-download the file and install it until it works :(

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, v.09 wasn't even a worthy and significant update. Even with some minor issues (bugs) in v.08, they will still persist in v.09. Basically v.09 replaced the old Market with the newest one. That was about the only biggest part off of v.09.

xandor

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, v.09 wasn't even a worthy and significant update. Even with some minor issues (bugs) in v.08, they will still persist in v.09. Basically v.09 replaced the old Market with the newest one. That was about the only biggest part off of v.09.
Don't really mean to hijack this, but I have .9 and don't have the new market - I also don't have the clock app that normally comes up when I dock the phone.

OP
K

knw257

Reaction score
So, in your guys' honest opinion, is there another ROM out there that I might try instead of Liberty. I'm aware that CM is in development for Droid 2, but beyond that, I haven't really heard of any others.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, without a doubt cm7. It's the best thing to happen to my d2 and i've tried every rom out there for the d2

My advice is to sbf and get the ota gb on your phone. Reroot with the d3 method and install cm7. If you're interested, check out the cm7 gb thread

Pay it forward

OP
K

knw257

Reaction score
I would just like to thank you immensely for linking those instructions. I wish I'd had something like that when I was installing Liberty GB. I'm all set now, and really liking CM so far (about 15 minutes in). Only thing I don't like so far is the lock screen, I'd like to go back to the one I had with Liberty. Not really sure how to change it, but I know it's possible. Any tips you have would be awesome. Thanks again!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cm settings/lockscreen. There's you can make some customizations. I personally love the lock screen. Anyway, I'm happy to help. Pm me if you have any other questions

Pay it forward