a little elaboration on install process?

Presi

Reaction score
I downloaded the d2 liberty zip and placed it on my sd card.

i downloaded clockwork rom manager and booted into recovery

i wiped user data and was never given the option to install the zip file =/

can anyone give me a little more flushed out instructions as opposed to the ones from the roms main post?

I have root. i used the z4 method.

thanks.

marty1966

Reaction score
Wipe data, then back on main menu of clockwork, choose Install from Zip. Use the power button to move back in menu.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
after you complete the wipe process, push the power button. this will toggle you back to the main menu in CWM where the install options are.

miketoasty

Reaction score
I downloaded the d2 liberty zip and placed it on my sd card.

i downloaded clockwork rom manager and booted into recovery

i wiped user data and was never given the option to install the zip file =/

can anyone give me a little more flushed out instructions as opposed to the ones from the roms main post?

I have root. i used the z4 method.

thanks.

First problem don't use Clockwork ROM Manager as it does not cooperate well with our phones. Get Kouch's Droid 2 Bootstrapper.

Next reboot from the bootsrapper into recovery. Wipe Data/Cache and go to Install zip from SD > Choose zip from sdcard > Liberty 2 1.5.zip should be somewhere on that list. Click it, it should install then reboot and voila you have liberty dancedroid

OP
Presi

Presi

Reaction score
First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for responding to this thread.

Being the impatient bastard, I went ahead anyway and figured it out on my own.

Because I hate googling for answers and finding a thread like the one I was looking for where the OP just says "nvm fixed it" I'll go ahead and explain what I did.

Aheemmmm:
It turns out I was somehow in the wrong recovery console ( if there is such a thing? I had tried toggling the power button but i never got an option to use liberty.zip, just "update.zip" ). After I went ahead and restarted my phone I was asked to set it up with google again, which I did. The clockwork rom manager installed itself and I chose an option inside that menu (the name has escaped me) to boot and recover from a zip file.

I did it and viola. Liberty 1.5

I love the rom, Its blazing fast.

Thanks again guys, all of you are really nice to us newbies.