Are you W/O Case? If so, How's it holding up?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Turbo' started by CaptainSS, Dec 9, 2014.

1. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    I played with one at Best Buys. It's interesting but IMHO the rolled edge is too thin to be effective for me with my aging eyes.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,479
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    I've moved down to one home screen because of the Edge. I also do not have to use my recents anymore to switch back and forth between apps. There's an Edge for that.

There's only two things I am waiting on to complete my experience. A brightness slider and for the notifications to scroll a bit slower and longer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. btc1951

btc1951 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I could never go commando so I started with an Otterbox Defender (too bulky), then traded in for a Lifeproof (case got in the way off home and back buttons) , then traded that for an Otterbox Commuter. That seems to offer the protection I want but not get in the way of the buttons at the bottom. Have ordered a few kickstand models from Amazon to try so we'll see. BTW, off topic, but loving the ai.type plus keyboard. Has lots of options I want, but mostly the dedicated number row on top without sacrificing key size, and swipe capability is good. Had to go Plus for $3.99 to get better swiping though but it's worth it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. obxsalvo

obxsalvo Silver Member

Ratings:
    +240
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    Still no case still happy looks as good as new. I have never use a case don't like the feel but I do have the insurance :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +672
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note9 (512GB)
    I really want a Bumper style case to protect the edges and leave the Back exposed. I have the Ballistic Blue Best Buy Exclusive and love the look and Feel of it. I am Guilty of Putting all my Phones in Tank like Cases like the ZeroLemon ZeroShock Case for my Note 2. I am Waiting for for the Note Edge to get a little Cheaper and may go to that some time next year. I ordered a case on Ebay that I am going to attempt to Mod into a Bumper style case exposing the back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Wife and son #1 got the Incipio Dual Pro. Very nice case, feels good in the hand, but for my tastes, adds too much bulk.

Got son #2 the Tudia TPU case for Christmas. Very minimalistic, doesn't add much weight or thickness.

http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Protective-Ballistic-Compatible-Metalized/dp/B00QSONZM2/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1418858719&sr=1-1&keywords=tudia ultra slim droid turbo nylon

Never had a case but I've fumbled my Turbo twice, always caught it before it dropped, so now I'm thinking about that case or perhaps this one. Looks like a 2-part case (like the Incipio Dual Pro) but thinner:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R26XELM/ref=s9_simh_se_p107_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=search-desktop-advertising-no-results-center-1&pf_rd_r=191SRE1C5A6KZH006YTY&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1912906182&pf_rd_i=tudia TPC case droid turbo ballistic nylon

#102 PowrDroid, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Glad I have my defender on my turbo.. I'm always cautious with my phone.. But this morning.. After my workout.. I'm so beat that I could hardly move my arms.. So.. I get my gym bag and clumsily attempt to put my phone in my pocket.. And crash.. Ugh... It landed on the back.. But still.. I was certain I was going to have a cracked screen.. But its fine..

8. sst45jeff

sst45jeff Active Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    I have had my 64 GB naked since Oct 30 no issues would love to keep it that way.
    Got my wife the 32 GB and a day after she had it my 15 y old son knoked it out of her hand hit he tile floor on the corner. Small dent.
    I purchased cruzer covers for both of our phones after that.
    I don't care how tough they build them, I don't think any phone will take a 3' drop to a hard surface and hit a corner without denting. No broken screen though.
    Cruzer cover fits fine on my 64gb ballistic turbo.

9. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I've never had a "drop breakage" .. But there's always that first time lol..

10. JDH

JDH Active Member

Ratings:
    +122
    Nekid since 10/30/14 no dents dings scratches food stains blood ( I live on a farm) or anything else. I do use a very nice leather pouch with belt clip
    Style counts.

11. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Ugggh.... Hope you didn't just put the Jinx on.

12. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Yeah.. I think that, every time I say it lmao