Are you rooted?

D

Dragon3463

I was rooted until yesterday on my X. Until the phone, started freezing and crashing all the time...Did a factory reset, which took almost 12 hours to activate my phone? Don't know if it was the network or the phone...will not go through that again.

Hoping for the release of 2.2, but it looks like a dud as well....Boo verizon!!!

dolpns13

Reaction score
I was rooted until yesterday on my X. Until the phone, started freezing and crashing all the time...Did a factory reset, which took almost 12 hours to activate my phone? Don't know if it was the network or the phone...will not go through that again.

Hoping for the release of 2.2, but it looks like a dud as well....Boo verizon!!!

I guess 2.2 hasnt been released to everyone? I am rooted and get updates for 2.2 like once every couple weeks. I dont want this update but still have to go through the install process to get the notification to go away. Clockwork wont let it install thankfully.

Actually, this poses another question, is there a way to stop the notifications? Maybe I should call motorola or verizon and tell them to stop sending it to me.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dolpns13 - I highly suggest that you either ask your friend to teach you about it or read some info on this website about recovery, ROMs, kernels, and such. There are a lot of fans of BB but personally I think it is very outdated and one of the ROMs with the least options and hacks. I suggest CM or UD. Read around...

Is bugless beast the ROM?

Yep thats the ROM... Check out Cyanogen 6 / Ultimate Droid 8

something like that

Droidfish

Reaction score
Rooted my OG Droid1 in early January thanks to the help of some really nice people here, especially Math3w who I know probably won't read this now that he owns an ipad(lol with me if you know what I'm talking about)

Rom: Everything started with Pete's bugless beauty>Beast>Then I went on a flash binge and everything up until about 2 months ago is a blur, seriously, many roms, many themes. Then I rolled stock for a while due to the Darke Edge UI (and loved it), and now I have Saphire(Awesome) with Bgills wickedly awesome Incognito theme.

As far as kernels, I can remember when running @ 800mhz was considered pushing the limits, and it would run HOT at 800 too. I've always had my best luck with adamz and p3droids kernels although I've used chevy's quite a bit. Right now I have p3droids 1000LV and have actually removed temp monitor from my phone because I can't remember the last time my felt hot(other than when I have some serious wifi tethering going on)

Sorry if I got carried away, I've had a lot of fun with my droid over the past 9 months, lol

Santee

Reaction score
If so: What Phone
What Rom
What Theme
What Kernel

1.Droid X
2.None
3.Stock
4.Stock

Even though I am rooted I'm still studying these things to make sure I get it right.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Rooted - yes
Rom - SnkBitten - my own source compiled Rom
Theme - stock theme
Kernel - jdlfg 1000mhz kernel

Root of course, my Rom because it's mine and jdlfg kernels run nice on my phone.

dolpns13

Reaction score
dolpns13 - I highly suggest that you either ask your friend to teach you about it or read some info on this website about recovery, ROMs, kernels, and such. There are a lot of fans of BB but personally I think it is very outdated and one of the ROMs with the least options and hacks. I suggest CM or UD. Read around...

Is bugless beast the ROM?

Yep thats the ROM... Check out Cyanogen 6 / Ultimate Droid 8

something like that

Ahhh, my first understanding of what BB was.. Thanks!

If I ever decide to change ROM's, what would I need to do. Is it like an update where one replaces the other, or is it a long process? Does it change the look of the phone or homescreen or anything like that. Just trying to get the jist of it all.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
How could you not be rooted its sooo easy. Well at least for the d1.

Droid1
LFY 1.6
The dark one lol
Slayer 1.25 ghz

IanG

Reaction score
I made the decision to root a week ago... never going to look back

What Phone : Moto Droid
What Rom: Stock ROM
What Theme: Stock Theme
What Kernel: P3 Overclocked Kernel 1.0GHz

I just use root for WiFi tether (omg!) and to overclock. It feels like I have a brand new phone!

OP
ballmore

ballmore

Reaction score
Rooted? YES
What Phone? Droid1
What Rom? Cyanogen 6 or Ultimate Droid 8 (i swap time to time)
What Theme? The Luna Theme (duhh it's my own hah)
What Kernel? Chevy 1000 ULV

would you be kind enough to port your theme over to the Shadow rom? I'd really like to try it out but i don't want to switch Roms just yet. Plus Shadow is in desperate need of some themes.
Shadow is built from Cyanogen source so it should be pretty easy to get it to work.
If you don't feel up to it I understand. But if you do can you post a link to d.l. the theme in here?

THANKS. dancedroid

donerico

Reaction score
I went ten month thinking that there was absolutely no need for rooting. Thanks to some things I did not like about the last Froyo update I decided to try rooting a week ago. Now I feel I have a brand new phone! no need to upgrade until dual core phones come out :)

ROOTED
UD 8.0
Perfect Smoked Glass Theme
Chevy 1100 LV
SPR

Amazingly smooth, fast and cool!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rooted? YES
What Phone? Droid1
What Rom? Cyanogen 6 or Ultimate Droid 8 (i swap time to time)
What Theme? The Luna Theme (duhh it's my own hah)
What Kernel? Chevy 1000 ULV

would you be kind enough to port your theme over to the Shadow rom? I'd really like to try it out but i don't want to switch Roms just yet. Plus Shadow is in desperate need of some themes.
Shadow is built from Cyanogen source so it should be pretty easy to get it to work.
If you don't feel up to it I understand. But if you do can you post a link to d.l. the theme in here?

THANKS. dancedroid

Hey man, actually I have ShadowROM all downloaded and ready to theme. This is my little weekend side-project. It should be up probably by tomorrow afternoon or night depending on my procrastination skills, haha. Sign up on the main Luna Website with your ROM and I'll zip you an email when it's released. (also, thanks for your interest in my work!)