Are App fees One Time or Monthly?

pattyk999

Reaction score
I have yet to pay for an application. I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Are the charges for paid/donate apps a one time charge or a monthly charge? Thank you!!

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
It's a one time fee. Even if you were to delete the app from your phone it still shows up as a purchased app that you could install again with no further charge.

shademar

Reaction score
I have yet to pay for an application. I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Are the charges for paid/donate apps a one time charge or a monthly charge? Thank you!!

Also, you have 24 hours to change your mind and request a refund (by going back to the market page and hitting the 'uninstall and refund' button) on any purchased app.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score

Also, you have 24 hours to change your mind and request a refund (by going back to the market page and hitting the 'uninstall and refund' button) on any purchased app.

That's good to know!

bbtkd

Reaction score

I have to suspect that some of the more commercial offerings (from companies that actually do this for a living) will eventually make some huge improvement that they feel will warrant renaming it slightly and asking for money again. That seems to be the pattern in the smartphone and PDA software industry. I suppose that at some point they can't afford to keep pumping out updates with only new customers covering costs...

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Most of the paid apps are one-time fees, and you do have 24 hours after purchase to return for refund.

However, some of them ARE monthly fees (subscription fees) so you really need to read carefully.

There's a streaming TV app, for example, that will have a monthly fee once it's out of beta. Can't recall the name of it. Begins with an F though.

OP
P

pattyk999

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies. What a helpful bunch of people!:icon_ banana: