Apps2Sd

need4speed760

Reaction score
Ok....so I had the froyo push to my phone the other night and I'm assuming that because I am rooted, that's the reason the install didn't happen. I really need the apps2sd ability. Is there an instructional on how to manually do this and if so can someone please point me in the right direction? If not, how can I make my phone eligible to receive/install the next froyo push if I get one? Appreciated!

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
If u can from what I read if u unroot your phone (if its possible) then u will be able to get updated

fallenshadow114

Reaction score
Ok....so I had the froyo push to my phone the other night and I'm assuming that because I am rooted, that's the reason the install didn't happen. I really need the apps2sd ability. Is there an instructional on how to manually do this and if so can someone please point me in the right direction? If not, how can I make my phone eligible to receive/install the next froyo push if I get one? Appreciated!

I was running velocity v0.4 when froYo came out. I restored my ally to a rooted 2.1 backup that I made with rom manager and was able to receive the froYo update. So I honestly don't think getting froYo has anything to do with being rooted. Have u tried going to 'system updates' and seeing if u can redownload it. That's what I did when I went back to 2.1 (rooted). It took awhile but I'm currently running 2.2.1. Try restarting your phone also. If all else fails wait for a rooted froYo rom to come out. Hope this helps!

Oh and my backup also had a custom kernel from getitnowmarketing

need4speed760

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Now I am more confused as to why the install of 2.2.1 was unsuccessful. I may try just wiping phone to a fresh state and see if I get the push again.

fallenshadow114

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Now I am more confused as to why the install of 2.2.1 was unsuccessful. I may try just wiping phone to a fresh state and see if I get the push again.

Have you tried just restarting your phone. You can reset all power to the phone by removing the battery and holding down the power button. Its a simple fix that may not be usefull at all but its better than loosing everything on your phone. Give that a try. And you could always wait for a cutom 2.2.1 rom to come out then just use rom manager. FroYo really doesn't feel all that better so waiting a bit is probably better than loosing everything.

2 apps to back up everything are titanium backup (for apps) and backup assistant(for contacts). Just in case you decide to wipe your phone clean.

Enigma429ad

Reaction score
Do you still have clock work mod installed? It checks recovery when installing

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App