Reaction score
Wat is the script for the apps2sd, I can't find it in scriptybox
-sal

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Y

yourname1245

Reaction score
How do I get my apps to the sd card then on saphire?
-sal

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No script as far as I'm aware.

Quote from jfourman, found in another thread on this in 5 seconds:
(http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvpcs/56869-anyone-have-apps2sd-running-working.html)

"If you have a Froyo ROM installed, you can install apps to your SDCard. If you are rooted, try to change this setting as follows (credit to another poster):

go to a terminal emulator and enter
su (enter)
pm setInstallLocation 2 (enter)
It will do nothing just exit.
U can now move most apps to sd card under settings.manage apps. Move to sd card!
May be issues like widget doesn't load. So try it and discuss!
Must be running froyo, must be rooted, follow command exactly.
Update*
After playing with it for a few hours I suggest only changing apps that are standalone such as games.
Leave the home replacements, active task killers, widgets or anything running in the backround.
After a reboot it may look like ur apps are gone. Just give them time to load from the sd card.

Don't move apps with widgets to the SDCard. All apps will now install to the SDCard. You can move them back to the phone in the Application Manager.

I have over half of my apps running from the SDCard and see no difference in performance. My only issue is that I use ADW Launcher and it takes a little while after a reboot for the apps to show in the drawer. "

reaper keeper

Reaction score
Go to settings/application/manage applications
then you will have to open each app to see if it can be moved, ther is a button that will say "move to SD" if it can be moved. Yes it's a PITA the frist time.

GeLopez

Reaction score
Settings/applications/manage applications
Select an app
Move to sdcard

* apps must be updated to be able to run from sdcard
** not all apps will have the sdcard button enabled

OP
Y

yourname1245

Reaction score
I ran that script and it didn't work that add to sd button is not available to push. Maybe there is another script. My apps are all updated too.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ran that script and it didn't work that add to sd button is not available to push. Maybe there is another script. My apps are all updated too.

Just because your apps are up to date doesn't mean you will be able to push them to your sd card. it has to be enabled by the developer, and I am sure some won't ever do it as it only causes problems.

Why is it even that important though? Do you really have that many apps...?

mjones73

Reaction score
How much free space do you have left? There is no benefit to moving apps to sd other then freeing up install space.

Settings, SD card & phone storage, Available Space.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
How much free space do you have left? There is no benefit to moving apps to sd other then freeing up install space.

What is considered an "acceptable" amount of free space, out of curiosity? I have 31% free but I don't have any issues as far as lagging, freezing, etc.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

What is considered an "acceptable" amount of free space, out of curiosity? I have 31% free but I don't have any issues as far as lagging, freezing, etc.

Once you start to go below 10% I would consider moving stuff to sdcard.