Remove APPS2SD?

mising

Reaction score
I have searched, but have been unable to find a definitive answer to this. What is the best way to remove APPS2SD and reformat my SD card to one partition, losing as little data/apps as possible in the process? I am not afraid of doing any command line work if necessary.
Thank you,
Mike

OP
mising

mising

Reaction score
I already have both partitions backed up to PC if it helps.

OP
mising

mising

Reaction score
Cool I got it!
Here is what I did:
1. Move all apps to internal via Manage Applications (this part took the longest as I have quite a few apps instALLED)
2. Shut down phone, removed SD card, copied all files and folders to folder on laptop.
3. Using OpenSuse's partition manager, I deleted all partitions, then formatted card as FAT32
4. Remounted card in OS and copied all files and folders back to SD card then unmounted card
5. reinserted card in phone and started up
6. Ran Fix Permissions in ROM Manager just in case
7. Yay! Everything works

Why did I want to get rid of APPS2SD? Backups and Restores with Titanium were becoming less reliable. Contacts defaulted to default ringtone when phone was plugged in, and my phone just seemed to get slower and slower everyday. I just wanted to see if this fixed these issues, because they didn't start until after APPS2SD was installed. So far everything is back to normal.
Thanks again

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
thanks for the info. i recently left the cyanogen mod for xeudoxus theme. i couldn't find the info anywhere.

but i agree that the apps and card didn't seem to work well over time.

bodean

Reaction score
I too am wondering if App2SD is useful and worth having.
Seems like anytime I wipe, and put fresh rom on, I have to redownlaod the apps (even though I use App2sd).

Jester6x

Reaction score
Why did I want to get rid of APPS2SD? Backups and Restores with Titanium were becoming less reliable. Contacts defaulted to default ringtone when SD card was plugged in, and my phone just seemed to get slower and slower everyday. I just wanted to see if this fixed these issues, because they didn't start until after APPS2SD was installed. So far everything is back to normal.
Thanks again

You said that everything was slowing down after Apps2sd. How have things been since removing it? It seemed like it was a really hot topic for a while and now I haven't heard many people talking about it lately. Are people still using it?

OP
mising

mising

Reaction score
It has been a week since uninstalling, and reliability and performance have been much better without it. So I will be keeping APPS2SD off of my phone for now.

bodean

Reaction score
Cool I got it!
Here is what I did:
1. Move all apps to internal via Manage Applications (this part took the longest as I have quite a few apps instALLED)
2. Shut down phone, removed SD card, copied all files and folders to folder on laptop.
3. Using OpenSuse's partition manager, I deleted all partitions, then formatted card as FAT32
4. Remounted card in OS and copied all files and folders back to SD card then unmounted card
5. reinserted card in phone and started up
6. Ran Fix Permissions in ROM Manager just in case
7. Yay! Everything works

Why did I want to get rid of APPS2SD? Backups and Restores with Titanium were becoming less reliable. Contacts defaulted to default ringtone when phone was plugged in, and my phone just seemed to get slower and slower everyday. I just wanted to see if this fixed these issues, because they didn't start until after APPS2SD was installed. So far everything is back to normal.
Thanks again

Why take the sd card out? Cant you just mount it with usb, and use windows disk manager?

OP
mising

mising

Reaction score
I am sure you can leave it in, I just tend to be overly cautious when formatting. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Milwaukee

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having exactly the same problem you had. I want to turn off my a2sd, without losing my applications. I've seen your steps, but I don't understand what you did, or what tool did you use, in the first point:

Here is what I did:
1. Move all apps to internal via Manage Applications

Could you please help me?
Thanks

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm having exactly the same problem you had. I want to turn off my a2sd, without losing my applications. I've seen your steps, but I don't understand what you did, or what tool did you use, in the first point:

Could you please help me?
Thanks

go to settings then select manage applications, then select each app and there should be an option "move to phone" or "move to internal storage" for every app moved to the sdcard, just go through your apps list and check each one