Apps stuck downloading in Market

glienhard

Reaction score
---Below is the info I pulled from one of my posts in another thread. I figured that since it was different enough from the rest of the tread that it deserved it's own. I hope this help others with the same issue get it fixed easily.---

I now have three apps that are stuck in this loop. All three say downloading until I download another update, then they jump to 100% and stay there....forever. Up to this point Motorola's answer has been do a factory reset. That is not a fix!!

Well...After putting my fingers in my ears, stomping my feet and throwing a F-you fit, I finally got an answer out of Motorola. I got to tier-2 support and it so freaking simple. If you go into Settings -> Applications -> click the All tab at the top -> go down to Market -> click on Clear Data -> hit OK -> turn the phone off then back on. This cleared the database for the Market app and fixed the issue.

dancedroid

theplantman

Reaction score
---Below is the info I pulled from one of my posts in another thread. I figured that since it was different enough from the rest of the tread that it deserved it's own. I hope this help others with the same issue get it fixed easily.---

I now have three apps that are stuck in this loop. All three say downloading until I download another update, then they jump to 100% and stay there....forever. Up to this point Motorola's answer has been do a factory reset. That is not a fix!!

Well...After putting my fingers in my ears, stomping my feet and throwing a F-you fit, I finally got an answer out of Motorola. I got to tier-2 support and it so freaking simple. If you go into Settings -> Applications -> click the All tab at the top -> go down to Market -> click on Clear Data -> hit OK -> turn the phone off then back on. This cleared the database for the Market app and fixed the issue.

dancedroid

This works for me as well although I never turn the phone off and back on. However the issue usually returns in a day or two and then I clear the data again and works again for awhile. Not the worst thing in the world but still a bit of a pain in the neck!

OP
G

glienhard

Reaction score
That is good to know, I'll keep an eye out for it. I'll post if anything else happens with this.

beardgod

Reaction score
Thanks...Worked for me

Not sure if this mattered. Noticed that Wavesecure, Relax and Sleep and one other app (can't recall) were continuously in update status. Didn't seem to impact overall phone performance, but can only imagine that it was draining battery, at the least. Only thing I would note is that the instructions miss a step: Home page >> Menu >> Settings >> Applications >> MANAGE APPLICATIONS >> "All" Tab >> Market >> Clear Data.

Thanks for posting!

Aaron

OP
G

glienhard

Reaction score
Thanks for catching that!!

Also, an update - Since doing this and unsticking the programs I have not had this problem. I have had a couple updates stall out on the install but a simple cancel and clicking the install button again make it all good.

irina

Reaction score
I have a sprint droid and have an application stuck saying..installing and has been doing this for days. I have cleared the cache in market and even uninstalled it from the managed application section and it still appears. I have also turned the phone on and off after all these steps and the application still is in the market and says installing..what can i do?