Apps like 2x battery

GoBears

Reaction score
Hey all just looking for some opinions here. I've been trying out apps like 2x and JD but I haven't really noticed a huge difference. Anyone have any other recommendations? Also, does toggling the radio off and on all day like cause any type of premature wear to the radio? Most electronics don't really care for being turned on and off repeatedly like that. I could just be paranoid but I figured I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

And as always...
GOBEARS!

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I've resigned just waiting till the update that will hopefully fix our issues.

The flagship nexus shouldn't have battery life that makes my incredible's battery seem like it was as good as a blackberry curve.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Well in this case the good FAR outweighs the bad at the moment. I'm just trying to optimize what I have for the time being. My biggest worry is the constant toggling of the radio off and on.

jnyfive

Reaction score
Hey all just looking for some opinions here. I've been trying out apps like 2x and JD but I haven't really noticed a huge difference. Anyone have any other recommendations? Also, does toggling the radio off and on all day like cause any type of premature wear to the radio? Most electronics don't really care for being turned on and off repeatedly like that. I could just be paranoid but I figured I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

And as always...
GOBEARS!

I actually turned off JD and I've made it over 20 hours, light use but some audio streaming, wifi and 4g use (maybe 30 minutes), but mostly just left 3g on, and random Facebook and email checking... still at 26% battery. I have left the radio on and wifi on whole time.

I read a post somewhere and someone said that the OS controls the radio use better in ICS than in the past and that programs like JD are not needed. Trying it out but I made it for many house with light use and few phone calls and had very little battery drain. Not sure if that's true, maybe someone can confirm, but standby mode has been pretty good. I wonder if have apps open but not streaming and not reloading a page turns off the radio to save battery?

Last edited:
OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
I just uninstalled all of them. Last night and today I had a couple issues of my 3G not coming back on. I've never had that problem before installing 2X.