Curious about all these "bugs" in ICS

GoBears

Reaction score
Ok I repeatedly hear people calling ICS too "buggy". Now I'm a very heavy user, like charge 2-3 times a day heavy, and I really haven't seen any bugs. I have no FC's, no reboots and everything just works. Hardware I can see being hit or miss but software can be reinstalled with the google images. What are some of these huge bugs people are talking about? Not bashing at all, I'm just genuinely curious. I think ICS is by far the smoothest and best release Android has ever had.

chadh1

Reaction score
My only problems have been the keyboard being a bit laggy when texting at times. Maybe I am just typing to fast sometimes too. The other I have noticed is screen orientation at times takes a bit to long when I move it sideways to up and down. Not sure if that is ICS or not? Otherwise everything seems very smooth and polished. Loving it so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
I really like how long it waits to switch to landscape, I hope they don't change the delay. I always hated when my phone switches when I didn't want it to.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I am a heavy user like OP 2 to 3 charge a day user. Also like OP I haven't experienced any bug issues of any kind. I got the phone first thing on release day. I have close to 100 aps on mine and use about 25 of them alot. I think this is the ultimate "toy". I have had a few fc's but very few and have never had to do a battery pull. I come from a GB fascinate and it experienced alot of issues. Bottom line, I guess I lucked out with no problems at all. Only complaint is: Battery life. Battery life is NOT a bug in my book. I like bright screen and use this device for everything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Anyone who's buying a 4G phone for battery life just needs to stay with 3G phones.

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Holy crap, I forgot about battery pulls! The only times I took the battery out was to put in the extended or put my sim in my razr. Not a huge fan of MTP I must say though, guess it could be a bug that was messing with large file transfers.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone who's buying a 4G phone for battery life just needs to stay with 3G phones.

Been running wookie final and that thing went 12 hours easily with 40% left (moderate use). I dont know but 12 hours of battery life for a smart phone is good enough for me. I mean most of us work 8- 10 hr shifts so 12-13 hours of useable life is acceptable. I had to put a huge extended battery on my tbolt to get it to last that long. To have a slim stock battery last me that long is great. The keyboard lag there is a fix and its been working for me. The transition lag has been improved as well. So all the bugs except the reception (which seems to be holding better since the last outage) has a fix but requires root access and roms.

rlb

Reaction score
The keyboard lag there is a fix and its been working for me. The transition lag has been improved as well. So all the bugs except the reception (which seems to be holding better since the last outage) has a fix but requires root access and roms.

Can you provide some info on these fixes?

Bugs that bother me the most: the lack of auto-correct in browser text boxes (such as the one im typing in now) and spell check problems when typing in landscape.

rlb

Reaction score
IMO most people are too quick to cry bug...phone works great for me aside from problems mentioned above

rlb

Reaction score
one more.thing: design flaws bug me more than anything. The volume rockers are opposite the power button so that means a lot of.accidental volume changes. Also the phone feels like holding a bar of soap. I had to get a.case just so i dont constantantly have the feeli.g tbat Im going to drop it.

???

Reaction score
I've had mine reboot once or twice on me, got it on release day, which doesn't seem like much of a bug and I use SwiftKey and disabled the stock one all together. no lag at all for me. but i will say I couldn't make it a full day on the stock so called better keyboard. it was blah, even my old htc port on the d1 was nicer to use. your lag is probably just the keyboard app.

anyways, bug free. i'm a power user, killed 2 batteries a day on the d1, start on the stock and switched to the 2600ma extended lump before lunch time. and be dead or almost dead by the time I went to bed. for the nexus I have two extended batteries that should be stock in the first place since they add like no size. and on the same use as the d1 on 3g I make it thru my normal day on 2 extended batteries in the nexus.

i would say battery life is very good. twice the phone and same amount of battery time is good to me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The only bug I've ran into is multitouch. Try moving around in Modern Combat 3 while trying to aim, it's not possible 3/4 of the time. That's the only time this phone has failed to perform to me. And NFL Mobile...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
The only "bug" I've had is that the phone would freeze up. A battery pull was the only fix. But I really can't point the finger at the phone. I was editing apps & flashing them without wiping. After I wiped the cache & dalvick cache, it stopped freezing. Other than that, I haven't had any problems. The phone flys & get around 13 hrs on the battery. No problems with a lose of signal.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
one more.thing: design flaws bug me more than anything. The volume rockers are opposite the power button so that means a lot of.accidental volume changes. Also the phone feels like holding a bar of soap. I had to get a.case just so i dont constantantly have the feeli.g tbat Im going to drop it.

The app volume control lets you lock the volume so that helps. Agree with you on the case, I like my phones naked but this guy is way to slippery for that. (got the Incipio feather so almost like no case).

hydro556

Reaction score
Had mine for about 3 weeks, zero issues. Moderate/heavy user. Been pretty much perfect. Usually only show 2 bars but always have great reception. Love the phone.