APP wont stop installing in Market - PLEASE help

caned

Reaction score
Help, I'm new here.....I have the Samsung Fascinate and I had an app installed that was working fine. All of a sudden it just says installing and I can't do anything with it. I even uninstalled the offending app and it is still hung up on "installing" in the market...won't let me stop...won't let me cancel.....

...I cleared the cache of the market in the manage apps section and that did nothing.

Can someone help me PLEASE!

Thanks

OP
C

caned

Reaction score
The button won't let you press it....I have cleared the cache in manage applications...and nothing works...any other suggestions?

thanks

portermac

Reaction score
Did you hold down on the status where it say's Downloading? I just went to my downloads to see how to describe it better and I had a app that was stuck downloading(crazy right). I long pressed on it and it gave me to options. One being to stop download. I hit that and it stopped.

OP
C

caned

Reaction score
just the cache...how do you clear the data? there isn't a button to clear the data....just to uninstall updates, clear cahche and to force stop

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh, didn't know the fascinate didn't have that option. Have you tried force stopping it and rebooting? The reboot isn't strictly necessary but it never hurts.

OP
C

caned

Reaction score
I have hit force stop and nothing happens....I have also rebooted the phone and nothing happens.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the name of the app? It might help with the diagnosis.

portermac

Reaction score
That is the same app my friend had a problem with. We both have droid 1 but the market should be the same. Are you sure you tried going to downloads and long pressed on the top app stuck on downloading? That should give you the option you are looking for. If you did just that I have nothing else to give. Sorry

OP
C

caned

Reaction score
ya...when I long press on the app it just gives the details and sends me to the app where it says downloading......The downloading button is dark and unpressable...

thanks

MarkY3130

Reaction score
Try going to manage applications, click on market, and clear the market cache and data.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App