[APP] Portal, A Haloesque App That Brings Multitasking and Floating Notifications!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
6omcChCntQ7eOAYRF7QVOT-aLwSbNLhwnYCQV8NQnwuC9LmccXHqxX8x_qaBoj326LHb=w300-rw

Paranoid Android has been making a lot of headway in the Rom community with their various inovative features. Halo got lots of attention prior to it's release several months ago. Halo brought true multitasking and floating notifications to Paranoid Android. Recently PA opensourced Halo and opened it up for development. Init 2 Winit Apps has already released a free app "Portal" which brings this functionality to your device!

xZPmlaE1JB8NX2L1qZ-8O-ygU9ahQqh3Jch6_k4Pn2xoIbMOp2XucIByh8E6W8n-UbPl=h310-rw
V8WBjTSukUCXLGG3ycDMrMsepoC5rZn3qnHGvSDkOtqHp8sNIwJ1vKb6C02cRHHLxo0=h310-rw
R7Tc8JyhtuSG2_1B2uAdk1M95WqMgTFwle3RTvD1NLi2vPhRddMX4urRDwrbVe15ZBm4=h310-rw

Portal allows you to quickly send updates to facebook, twitter, and the web. You can also send text messages quickly through Portal as well, and many other apps are coming to Portal in the near future. Portal floats over any app that you have pulled up which makes it quicker and easier to repond to notifications. This also makes multitasking much easier. Portal will push notifications for any app that has that functionality built in. You can choose which app's notifications you want pushed to Portal and which to ignore in the settings. I have been using this app for the past few weeks and I have to say it is pretty sweet! Try it for FREE at the link below!

Via Play Store

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also be sure to let us know what you'd like added in as apps so far we have the following on the TODO list

Notepad
Music player (possibly)
Calculator
Camera
Power widget
Resizable windows
Showing multiple notifications rather than just the last one

Anyone feel free to request whatever you want and we'll do our best to get it in quickly

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any way to have the option to use your installed apps?

Tapped from a Nexus

Not without root or being within a rom that had been tweaked.

We actually didn't use any source from Halo never even looked at it. I don't even think I knew of it when I started this project a few months back I actually copied facebook chatheads more which is why it is laid out and feels more like chatheads with the icons across the top.

But guess that's off subject and I'm rambling ha sorry, but the short answer is we can't without root which is why we're just rewriting popular apps within it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2