Paranoid Android New Feature HALO In Action!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9vlrgCteDac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vlrgCteDac&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last week we told you guys about what appeared to be a new multitasking/multiwindow feature that Paranoid Android has been working on. The product is nearly complete now and their project "HALO" is more reminiscent of Facebook's chatheads. In fact PA says that is exactly where they came up with the idea. The Halo can be activated from the notifications page. Once activated Halo will float on your homescreen and will populate with notifications as they occur. You can then simply tap Halo and the entire app that notified you will be displayed over what you are currently working on. Then click anywhere and it will return. This works with all apps that have notification services. Of course you will have to be running PA to use this. I can't wait until it is ready for release.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to try it so that I can "blow my mind hole".

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
That's some gangster business right there.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
WOW! I have been running AOKP on my S3 and N7 for a long time now and never felt like I wanted to switch until now. That is just awesome. I may put Paranoid on my phone today and give it a shot. If Halo comes to AOKP that may be even better. Wow freaking wow!

...I realize Halo isn't on the current builds yet but I want to get used to the rom too.

Last edited:
OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you that HALO will be ported to all other roms. Just like PIE was ported to every other rom.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Is it available for the Galaxy Nexus??

Not for the VZW Gnex. These are the devices that have it now
Screenshot_2013-05-06-12-28-16_zpsa3b2cf8d.png

They do a good job of updating their G+ page. And if I'm not mistaken, they don't have a VZW Gnex to develop on anymore. So it may be one of the last devices to get it :(

Tapped from a Nexus

Gremlin

Reaction score
Ouch :( at least it is available for Nexus 7 tablet...