App launcher not showing recently installed apps?

bd1212

Reaction score
Well, for a while now on every custom ROM I've tried, this problem has shown up. Here's what happens: I will go into the market, download a new app and install it. I go to check my app launcher to launch it from there and it will not show up in the launcher until I reboot my phone.

What's the problem? I'm using the 2.0.1 based launcher.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
Bump. Someone help me, please. D:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, for a while now on every custom ROM I've tried, this problem has shown up. Here's what happens: I will go into the market, download a new app and install it. I go to check my app launcher to launch it from there and it will not show up in the launcher until I reboot my phone.

Prior to the 2.1 update I noticed similar (but not identical) behavior in my unrooted Droid. I'd download an app and then look for it in my app drawer. It didn't appear immediately (though it appeared eventually) and I couldn't determine any "trigger" that eventually made it show up.

Could be that your custom rom based on the earlier version of the O/S demonstrates similar behavior or may block the placement of the app in the launcher altogether until you reboot.

Reaction score

I have this exact same problem with any non-3d laucher. but if i use laucher 2 it shows up and if i restart the laucher1 it shows up. I also have a problem with picture frames.