App Installer Question

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I downloaded App INstaller because it recomended using it to install Z4Root. Now that it is installed I was looking at it and it leads me to believe it installs apps only from my SD card. Is this the only place it does it from? It also supposedly can backup apps and also uninstall apps. I guess my question is once I install programs on my X do I need to keep 117 apps that it lists are on my SD card? All my programs are installed in memory on the X itself.

xliderider

Reaction score
It sounds like Astro File Manager, which also has a Backup/Restore function. It only backs up your app's apk files to your sd card. It doesn't "run" them from your sd card, meaning it doesn't install them to your sd card.

Similarly, it can "install" an app from an apk file on your sd card. Astro, Root Explorer and other file manager's all can "install" an apk from the sd card because the OS will recognize the file as an installer package and ask if you want to launch the Android installer if you select the file.

OP
B

bigdog9586

Reaction score
It sounds like Astro File Manager, which also has a Backup/Restore function. It only backs up your app's apk files to your sd card. It doesn't "run" them from your sd card, meaning it doesn't install them to your sd card.

Similarly, it can "install" an app from an apk file on your sd card. Astro, Root Explorer and other file manager's all can "install" an apk from the sd card because the OS will recognize the file as an installer package and ask if you want to launch the Android installer if you select the file.

No I also have astro. This is called app installer and was downloaded off of the market.

xliderider

Reaction score

No I also have astro. This is called app installer and was downloaded off of the market.

I know, all I was saying was it sounds like Astro. It doesn't really do anything special.