My X wont root

nick218

Reaction score
I downloaded z4root and installed it to my phones sd card and did all that was needed. I then installed it and pressed permanent root and it just went to the loading screen and stayed there for like 10 min so I took out my battery and uninstalled it and installed it again. Keeps happening. What's wrong g

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you on the most recent update? People have been having trouble with z4root on the new update. If you'd like you can look through the "multiple phones" link in my signature. That should root you no problem.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No need to uninstall it, a simple reboot should suffice. If not, follow the links Spaz has.

DroidForums junkie!!

donballz

Reaction score
Don't yank the battery, just hit home after a few minutes and then re enter the app. Then hit home and then reboot. It will be there.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why re enter the app just to hit home and reboot? Sounds counterproductive..

Don't yank the battery, just hit home after a few minutes and then re enter the app. Then hit home and then reboot. It will be there.

DroidForums junkie!!

donballz

Reaction score
Maybe not needed, but that's how I got it to work.

Sent from Nook Color

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As long as it worked! :)
Home, force stop in manage applications > running, and reboot has worked on 3 of 5 Xs I've rooted (other two rooted on the first run).

Maybe not needed, but that's how I got it to work.

Sent from Nook Color

DroidForums junkie!!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Mine worked strangely also. It seemed to run forever but when I backed out it worked.

Just let the thing run, back out and try again ... at some point it will work. I know that sounds kinda lame.

faf1998

Reaction score
I am having no such luck on the z4 method. After installing the new update I still have the superuser app but cannot root. I am a little hesitant to use the terminal as I am a noobie to that method. Any other suggestions out there?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Delete the superuser, reboot, and try again.

I am having no such luck on the z4 method. After installing the new update I still have the superuser app but cannot root. I am a little hesitant to use the terminal as I am a noobie to that method. Any other suggestions out there?

DroidForums junkie!!

MrKleen

Reaction score

After I did the update my situation was similar to yours. I had the superuser icon but I was not really rooted. But after messing around with it and several attempts it finally worked. It wasn't real obvious like it was the first time I did it so you have to keep an eye on it. After a few attempts go and try something that needs root access and see if it is working. I know it seems like a pain but I think you will get it working.

If not there are other easy 1 click methods that work without having to use your terminal emulator.

Jon K

Reaction score
Are there any sure-to-work 1-click methods for teh newest update? 2.3.340?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had 100% success with z4root. Don't know why you're all having trouble.

DroidForums junkie!!

faf1998

Reaction score
For whatever reason I cannot uninstall superuser? Where can I find it in the files and maybe I can delete that way?

faf1998

Reaction score
Ok now I am bugged. I found the .apk file for superuser however I still can't delete it....or uninstall it....