My X wont root

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I liked the ninja better too! Maybe we should send Chains an email??? ;)

I never user z4 before the new update, but my old method didn't work once I went to .340. I downloaded it and it work like a charm on the first go. Although, I prefer my old ninja icon to the new skull and crossbones... oh well.. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

faf1998

Reaction score
I think z4 doesn't want to work because after updating I still have the superuser app in my phone...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From your instructions do I move the unzipped files to /tmp or the sdcard/tmp. I cannot paste in my phone /tmp using astro...

I think you can just unzip and leave them on the root of the card but let me see.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I see what you were asking about. That thing about/ tmp was just an explination of what the terminal emulator commands were going to do. Just unzip the file and leave in on the root of the sd.

tappin and a talkin

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
For z4root, I found that gaining Temporary Root first helps increase the chances of Permanent Root working. This is on a very limited number of attempts, though, so I may not know what I'm talking about.

MrKleen

Reaction score
For z4root, I found that gaining Temporary Root first helps increase the chances of Permanent Root working. This is on a very limited number of attempts, though, so I may not know what I'm talking about.

It does seem to be a bit finicky with the update, but it works.

faf1998

Reaction score
I got it rooted last night. I had to use the rage file to out the system in rw through terminal. Then I had to rm the old superuser.apk in the terminal. I then ran z4 and it worked. The issue was the old superuser.apk file that had to be removed prior to running z4. Thanks everyone for help.