App for Managing Facebook Notifications??

Classy0ne

Reaction score
I have Googled and Searched for an answer to this with no luck, which is why I am posting the question here.

Is there a way (or an app) to manage Facebook Notifications. Specifically, I would like to turn them OFF at different times without having to turn my phone to silent or sleep mode.

Thank you in advance!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you were to integrate your Facebook into you "my accounts" in your phone... I think you would be able to use smart actions to do just this.

I'm not 100% sure because I only use smart actions for the battery saver. But I would assume you should be able to modify one of the smart actions to turn on and off notifications at set times.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: apparently I'm wrong. I looked in smart actions and i could find no way to do this. Hopefully another member or a mod will be able to assist you though.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
You can use an app like pop up plus which not only lets you set various types of notifications for each app but it has it's own sleep setting.

The only issue is for what you want to only silent one app, pop up plus sleep settings is a blanket setting for all apps so if you only want to silent the one app but use the other notifications(pop up/text, vibrate/pattern) on other apps as well, you set them to be silent under pop up plus & use the apps own notifaction sounds(this is how I set my email app as I want different sounds for each account).

There might be another app similar but pop up plus is the only one I'm familiar with.

OP
Classy0ne

Classy0ne

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks guys. I downloaded "ZDbox", which is a 5-star app. One of it's functions is to disable running apps (your choice). Funny thing is, as soon as I disable Facebook, , Skyvi, Missed Call Reminder... they pop right back up. I deleted Missed Call Reminder app by dragging it to the trash, but it still shows that it's running. So now I have another question...

If you delete an app, but it still shows it running, where do I go do UNINSTALL it?

I love my phone but am obviously on a learning curve. Thanks for the help!

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
If you delete an app, but it still shows it running, where do I go do UNINSTALL it?
dleting an app wont uninstall it, you actually have to physically uninstall it.
Go to app drawer>Settings> Applications>Manage Applications> click on the App you want to remove> Uninstall

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Tank_Tak said:
dleting an app wont uninstall it, you actually have to physically uninstall it.
Go to app drawer>Settings> Applications>Manage Applications> click on the App you want to remove> Uninstall

That's correct. Look in DOWNLOADS. If you can't find it there, look in ALL.

Keep this in mind for later, because quite often the remedy for a malfunctioning app is to CLEAR DATA on that app. This is also the location for doing that...

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Classy0ne

Classy0ne

Reaction score
Got it!

Thank you all for your help! I was able to take care of all issues following your advice!

Love my phone and this forum!