app drawer icon

Shelooga

Reaction score
so ive been trying to change this (on helix) from the 16 little squares to a flyers symbol. i downloaded a .png file, copied the com.helixproject.apk over to my sd card, renamed it .zip, replaced the app_normal or whatever it is with my flyers symbol named app_normal, named it back to .apk, put it back in data/app, rebooted the phone, and all that is happening is that im losing my widgets. even tried placing the com.helixlauncher.apk in system/app and installing, it installs, but then the same thing. no flyers symbol, no widgets.

help?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give NinjaMorph a try, it is in the market. It sounds like you already have Root Access, open NinjaMorph and find your Helix Launcher in the system, find the .png you would like to replace, NinjaMorph will ask you what file you would like to replace it with, make sure your new png is on the SDcard find it click "yes replace" and NinjaMorph will replace it and repackage your Helix.apk and push it back in the system for you, no need to restart the phone

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, need to be rooted. My advice is learn ADB to pull and push APK files while in recovery mode, then yuo have no nasty issues. Also, never change APK to ZIP cause sometimes problems happen... instead download 7zip to look in the APK files... Then simply drag out the "res" folder, edit the PNG files, and drag it back into the 7zip APK window. Then ADB push it back, reboot...

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
Give NinjaMorph a try, it is in the market. It sounds like you already have Root Access, open NinjaMorph and find your Helix Launcher in the system, find the .png you would like to replace, NinjaMorph will ask you what file you would like to replace it with, make sure your new png is on the SDcard find it click "yes replace" and NinjaMorph will replace it and repackage your Helix.apk and push it back in the system for you, no need to restart the phone

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

tried this as well, didnt work. same little 16 squares; no flyers symbol. perhaps my picture is too large?
i tried moving helix into system/app rather than data/app and doing this process all over. still nothing changed for the icon and lpst all my widgets. i know the flyers suck and probably will get knocked out tonight, but come on. theres gotta be some solution to this

all this 'learn adb' stuff makes no sense to me. mostly because i have no idea where to start from. ive followed a few guides about

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Hi guys. Ive been searching everywhere on here and google to find app drawer icons. Im looking for a little droid dude or anything cool. I have a 2.1 bb1.1.

Could anyone post a link to where i can get one or be willing to email me theirs

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I second this - i'm looking for the little android guy in red for my app drawer.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks..

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Howz this?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks bruther....

Shadowlord

Reaction score
How about changing the background of the app drawer. I have look everywhere noone has talked about it that I can find but I know it can be done??????????????????

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think adw launcher does it....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score