1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Broken App Drawer

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by wioneo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. wioneo

wioneo New Member

I recently rooted my phone using Petes Motorola Root Tools v 1.06. I was trying to find a way to uninstall several of the useless Verizon applications. The first free file manager that seemed able to rename the .apk files under /system/app was Root Browser, I just changed and then changed back the amazon .apk.

I then wanted to try and test the verizon navigator before changing it's name, however when I press the App drawer icon at the bottom of the screen, it brings up recent applications similar to holding the home button. I can access all of the applications through a shortcut on the homescreen, but how can I fix the default button's behaviour? I have not noticed any other problems as of yet...

EDIT: I renamed the backup assistant .apk and .odex files, however I still get the question about using backup assistant every time I add a new contact. The app is not in the drawer.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
Search tags for this page
android app drawer button not working

android application drawer not working

app drawer broken
app drawer icon quit working

app drawer not working

app drwer not opening
petesmotorolaroottools v.1.06
recent apps android icon broken