app backup with market relinking

OP
pandroid

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
odd odd problem. try the busybox attached in the op post. if that first help contact joel, the dev, hes great help

Keramidas

Reaction score
I have updated the busybox on both. (The update button does not work on either phone) I did both manually.
On phone that sees all system, I did backup. When I restored, (new rom) it got to 26% and froze. Once it stopped, it then told me I did not have root access. I reload busybox and it does same thing. So I removed a couple items that seemed to be problem (Shazam) and it made it thru restore. Everything seems great except I cannot change wallpaper. Setting force closes when I try. (this is wifes phone, and she wants her wallpapers
icon7.gif
) Everytime it stops, I have to reload busybox. Is this normal?
Also, I cannot use the busybox from the Titanium Backup web page. Neither winrar, 7zip or winzip will open. All say invalid archive. Any ideas?
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

First of all: yes, the busybox zip on my web page was definitely broken. It was hosted by multimania.fr and (believe it or not) they went out of space in the middle of my file copy. I figured this was about time I switched to a real (and paid) hosting service, so from now on, it should definitely work - and with no ads. :)

For your wallpaper problem, yes, I'm afraid you restored too much system data between incompatible ROMs. I think you will either have to look at the "adb logcat" (or aLogcat app) trace while that system app is force closing, to hopefully identify the class name that is crashing, and then remove the corresponding sub-directory from /data/data/ manually.

If that doesn't work, I fear you would probably have to backup the user apps, and the most needed system data, and do a real wipe. Then, be sure to only restore the system data that you need - and you will be safe.

Thanks !

Keramidas

Reaction score
will there be an update of the latest snapshot available of the busybox please?

http://www.busybox.net/downloads/snapshots/busybox-snapshot.tar.bz2
So far I haven't compiled busybox for Android by myself, so to consider updating the "official" busybox that I recommend, there would be 4 requirements:

1. that busybox version brings speed or useful features for us
2. we can find an Android binary for it
3. that Android binary is stable
4. that Android binary is under 2MB (bigger is no problem for my site, but it can be a problem for the users).

Please let me know if most of these points would be fulfilled !

Thanks

tgosu84

Reaction score
Problem

I am having an issue with the entire backup batch for my installed apps. I did a fresh install of Ultimate Droid 9.8 and downloaded all my apps from the market. After making a batch backup of 38 apps, I then ran the operation to verify my backups and got 40 errors. It listed every single app I had downloaded as having an "error with APP backup". I have been using the donate version for a while now and have not issues until this point. I am also getting random force closes when trying to batch. Please let me know if you are aware of any fix for this or what I could do. I have tried to delete and reinstall Titanium several times and get the same results. Are you aware of any conflicts with the program and the new ese81 ROMS like UD 9.8?

Keramidas

Reaction score
I am having an issue with the entire backup batch for my installed apps. I did a fresh install of Ultimate Droid 9.8 and downloaded all my apps from the market. After making a batch backup of 38 apps, I then ran the operation to verify my backups and got 40 errors. It listed every single app I had downloaded as having an "error with APP backup". I have been using the donate version for a while now and have not issues until this point. I am also getting random force closes when trying to batch. Please let me know if you are aware of any fix for this or what I could do. I have tried to delete and reinstall Titanium several times and get the same results. Are you aware of any conflicts with the program and the new ese81 ROMS like UD 9.8?
Hi,

For the "bad" app backups, please see the troubleshooting section from: Titanium Backup
=> "If you have a bad backup for an app"...

Now about the FC issues: do you use a "non-odex" ROM, by any chance ? The only recent report of a FC issue I had, is by a user who forgot to run the odex script.

If you have a "normal" ROM, then by all means, please feel free to e-mail me a log of the FC, either by using "adb logcat" or the ConnectBot app. Thanks in advance !

hvdesai

Reaction score
Error running Titanium Backup Pro

I have an Droid X phone and have installed Titanium Backup Pro. When I try to run it I get an error "Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges. This application will *not* work! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox, and try again." Even after clicking on Problems? button and following the process, I still keep on receiving the same error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

harrellj

Reaction score
I have an Droid X phone and have installed Titanium Backup Pro. When I try to run it I get an error "Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges. This application will *not* work! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox, and try again." Even after clicking on Problems? button and following the process, I still keep on receiving the same error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Is your phone rooted? If so, do you have the Superuser app.

hvdesai

Reaction score
I do not understand what "ROOTED" means. Can you please elaborate little more? I do have superuser app but it does not show any options.

Thanks.

harrellj

Reaction score
Rooted is what gives you the superuser access and also gives you access to the system files. Titanium backup requires root to work and that is the error message its giving you, it isn't able to access the higher permissions it needs to do its job.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html is how to root the phone. If you have already rooted your phone, you might need to post in the DX forum and ask for help on recovering your root access.