app backup with market relinking

Keramidas

Reaction score
Nice app but the option to keep more than one backup per app says it requies a donation yet I see no way to donate...
Yes forkup, good catch :)

The easiest way would have been to publish a "donate" (or pro) version on the Market, but unfortunately, pay-for apps can't be published from Switzerland yet !

So, what would be the preferred option(s) for you guys ?

a) I take PayPal donations and send a tiny "unlocking" app by e-mail in return. When installed, it unlocks full fonctionality in Titanium Backup.

b) I take PayPal donations and send a serial number in return. Full fonctionality is unlocked when e-mail address & serial are entered in Titanium Backup.

c) Same as "a" but I publish the unlocking app on the slideme.org marketplace, which accepts app sellers from anywhere.

Please "vote", or propose your own options...

PS: Concerning option "b": I have a Paypal "premier" account, and I haven't look at the fees for small transactions yet..

OP
pandroid

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So, what would be the preferred option(s) for you guys ?

a) I take PayPal donations and send a tiny "unlocking" app by e-mail in return. When installed, it unlocks full fonctionality in Titanium Backup.

b) I take PayPal donations and send a serial number in return. Full fonctionality is unlocked when e-mail address & serial are entered in Titanium Backup.

c) Same as "a" but I publish the unlocking app on the slideme.org marketplace, which accepts app sellers from anywhere.

Please "vote", or propose your own options...

PS: Concerning option "b": I have a Paypal "premier" account, and I haven't look at the fees for small transactions yet..

last thing i want to do is download another app. not a user of slideme either. i vote for serial, until google allows paid apps from Switzerland then post a donate version :)

Keramidas

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your input ! Following your preferences, and thanks to my cryptography "foolish years", option B is implemented and done :)

It is not possible today to use short *and* safe serial numbers, it's either one or the other. Therefore I decided to go for a license file.

It's a less than 1kB file that looks like this:

Code:
# This is your license file for Titanium Backup.
#
# Instructions:
# - Copy this file to the root directory of your SD card
# - Start Titanium Backup and verify that your registration info is displayed
# - Optional: delete this file from your SD card
#
generation=1
#
customerName=Joe Average
[email protected]
#
signature=@@@(big hex number)@@@
So you don't even need to type anything :icon_ banana:
I hope you'll like this ! Oh, and one last question before we go live, I'm not sure what a fair price would be. Maybe a fixed price like $6 ? Or some "pay what you like" thing ?

A lot of things will be added in the future, but that also depends on how many people want to contribute :)

Keramidas

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have published a new version on the Market, 2.2.4 beta, with integrated SQLite (for people who don't have it in their ROM).

Please report if you have any problems !

OP
pandroid

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
new beta provides batch restore, a new engine and background service

awesome update. i need no more

mrZoSo

Reaction score
I just got this app from the market and I'm getting "could not acquire root,,,"
I am rooted, every app I'm currently running that requires root, works fine.

Any ideas?

TIA

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot I had removed busybox earlier,,DOH!

Keramidas

Reaction score
I just got this app from the market and I'm getting "could not acquire root,,,"
I am rooted, every app I'm currently running that requires root, works fine.

Any ideas?

TIA

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot I had removed busybox earlier,,DOH!
Hi mrZoSo !
Glad to know that you solved it :)

phaze3131

Reaction score
I am running bugless beauty and it says failed to get root access.

busybox and sqlite are in system/xbin

any ideas?

Edit: I finally got it able to load fully by overwriting the busybox I had installed before, I hope that doesn't hurt anything.

But I don't see what the program does, I go to Backup/Restore tab and nothing comes up...

Keramidas

Reaction score

any ideas?

Edit: I finally got it able to load fully by overwriting the busybox I had installed before, I hope that doesn't hurt anything.

But I don't see what the program does, I go to Backup/Restore tab and nothing comes up...
If it detects busybox 1.15.3 (you can hit the "Problems?" button to download the correct version) then it should definitely detect your apps. Please let us know which version it actually sees, and how it goes...

Thanks !

magnus

Reaction score

any ideas?

If it detects busybox 1.15.3 (you can hit the "Problems?" button to download the correct version) then it should definitely detect your apps. Please let us know which version it actually sees, and how it goes...

Thanks !

Keramidas....I downloaded this app yesterday to try for a new ROM I was installing.

Everything went well until I had to restore.....So I went to Batch-> restore all missing apps + data.

I had to grant each of my user apps permission one by one for each of my 30 apps...and then the rest of the app data restored well without individual permissions.

Then I went and checked my market......but it did not have any record of my free apps.....which it did before the restore.

So
1) Why do I need to grant each app individual permission to install in 'Batch' mode
2) Why aren't Market links restored?
(PS: the Backup section of the app shows all my market programs with the M on the smiley to indicate market connections have been made)

All the programs did have their data.....so that part is working well! All my widgets don't load......but I can put those in back again. Great app.....I can see my self donating once I get it working like it needs to!

Keramidas

Reaction score
Hi magnus,

1) because the zero-click restore is only in the Donate version :)

2) they probably are, but sometimes it takes a couple hours for them to appear in the Market. Try clearing the market cache and killing it, then restart it and see if your apps appear..

I will probably add a "clear market cache" feature later on.

Thanks !