anyone hear any news about unrevoked

mkjellgren

Reaction score
To my knowledge a true one click root solution is not possible with the current method since the root exploit is patched in the current ruu. The current root process involves downgrading the ruu then applying the exploit then upgrading to the latest ruu. If I understand it correctly a true auto-root won't happen until a root exploit if found in the current firmware or an upcoming ota update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cullenisprime

Reaction score
it was a beyotch to root this phone. Even with all the guides. But you gotta do what you gotta do to get root

mkjellgren

Reaction score
it was a beyotch to root this phone. Even with all the guides. But you gotta do what you gotta do to get root

I respectfully disagree. If you know anything about adb and running programs through command prompt (which you SHOULD know if you're going to be rooting...imho even if you use a one-click solution you should know exactly what that program is doing) rooting the tbolt is quite simple and straight forward. There are three basic steps to the process: downgrading to older firmware, applying the root exploit found in the older firmware, then upgrading to current firmware. The confusing part if you are not familiar, is adb. But honestly, a little research goes a long way. With proper preparation, rooting the tbolt the "long" way should take no more than a half hour and some copying and pasting. I do appreciate the ease of a true one-click like unrevoked in the event I need to unroot or reroot for some reason but I am a firm believer of doing things manually, at least the first time, so you know what is going on. It just makes it a lot easier to fix any issues if you totally bork things up.

*steps down from his soapbox...*

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
having manually rooted my og droid..dinc..and DX it was quite simple to root the tbolt...1 click rooting is unnecessary...adb is intimidating the 1st time around but once u do it you'll realize it wasnt hard at all to root the tbolt dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid

jason6g

Reaction score
in my opinion, adb is simple...
1. install java
(download a file, double click, hit next a few times)

2. then download adb
(again download file, double click, hit next a few times)

3. and then you just launch command prompt, and copy paste...

granted its a bit more "work" than the previous unrevoked ways, but its not that hard. if you are doing it for your phone and a few friends it is a piece of cake. if you are rooting several hundred phones for various people, then it gets tedious

jr313

Reaction score
+1 on what everyone has said in accordance to learning how to root with ADB...yeah it seems extremely complicated but its not once u install android sdk and download all files needed from tutorial its just a copy and paste project afterwards...then u have an idea of adb and in the long run itll come in handy!