Anyone have a working camera on 3.25.11?

MrLane

Reaction score
Anyone have a working camera on 3.25.11? (SOLVED tp4bama) hx

REFER TO THIRD POST FOR SOLUTION FROM tp4bama

MIUI CAMERA

The d1 may not have the best camera of any phone. However, I would still like mine to work. Does anyone have a working app on the latest release? Or better yet, anyone have a fix to this camera app problem? I'm going to try dropping a previous version onto this rom, yet, I would also enjoy having the latest version.

REFER TO THIRD POST FOR SOLUTION FROM tp4bama

Last edited:
OP
M

MrLane

Reaction score
So everyone knows, if you delete the Miui camera and then push the MiuiCamera from 3.18 into /system/app/ it will work.... just did that all using adb commands. So if we can get the newest build up and running, please post the solution here. Thank you

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sorry about camera, did a quick port.
steps to get it workin:
1)delete data in camera app
2)download one or both of these camera apks
a)old camera
b)miui camera
3) Push to system/app with root explorer, adb or however you prefer (do not click on and choose install. it wont work)
4)reboot and it should be there

OP
M

MrLane

Reaction score
hey tp4bama, thanks for that post but just curious if you are experiencing the same issue as me. I got the Miui camera installed just fine earlier in the day n it took a great pic. but i just went to use it at night and noticed the flash is not working... any ideas?

Axium

Reaction score
sorry about camera, did a quick port.
steps to get it workin:
1)delete data in camera app
2)download one or both of these camera apks
a)old camera
b)miui camera
3) Push to system/app with root explorer, adb or however you prefer (do not click on and choose install. it wont work)
4)reboot and it should be there

what do we do if we did this yet they dont show up? they already are in system/app.. have rebooted

nick12

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. They're in my system/app folder, but they don't show up as installed when I reboot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. They're in my system/app folder, but they don't show up as installed when I reboot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

If you used root explorer to copy over did you change the permissions back to rw-r-r ?

nick12

Reaction score
Ah thanks, that did it. I figured it needed execute permissions so I set it to rwx-rwx-rwx to be safe... Didn't realize it needed something specific. Working with rw-r-r though.

Axium

Reaction score
wow thanks, didnt know i had to change the permissions :)