Anyone going from dolphin to mozilla?

jacobrv

Reaction score
Is development of firefox mobile for android even in the near future? I was understanding that they (mozilla) have not fully analyzed the java based OS systems to warrant java based development; hence only seeing Firefox mobile for Nokia OS' and WinMo ... not BB, webOS, or android. (mozilla wiki link) ... I would pleasantly surprised if this were not the case.

According to this post, they have made an alpha already.
AndroidSPIN | You heard it here, first, on AndroidSPIN. Your No.1 source for Android news. Blog Archive First beta of Firefox for Android coming in February 2010 ?

Also, there is now an SDK with C and C++ support. Although its meant to be used alongside Java as it is not complete.
Android goes beyond Java, gains native C/C++ dev kit

EDIT: Also, on the pinch-to-zoom thing, it's not a matter of how easy the gesture is. With pinch-to-zoom you have finer control over how zoomed in/out you are. With text it's not really a big deal only have specific steps of zoom, but if you are viewing a lot of images, being able to zoom with finer scale is nice.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is development of firefox mobile for android even in the near future? I was understanding that they (mozilla) have not fully analyzed the java based OS systems to warrant java based development; hence only seeing Firefox mobile for Nokia OS' and WinMo ... not BB, webOS, or android. (mozilla wiki link) ... I would pleasantly surprised if this were not the case.

According to this post, they have made an alpha already.
AndroidSPIN | You heard it here, first, on AndroidSPIN. Your No.1 source for Android news. Blog Archive First beta of Firefox for Android coming in February 2010 ?

Also, there is now an SDK with C and C++ support. Although its meant to be used alongside Java as it is not complete.
Android goes beyond Java, gains native C/C++ dev kit

EDIT: Also, on the pinch-to-zoom thing, it's not a matter of how easy the gesture is. With pinch-to-zoom you have finer control over how zoomed in/out you are. With text it's not really a big deal only have specific steps of zoom, but if you are viewing a lot of images, being able to zoom with finer scale is nice.

Pinch zoom also comes in handy when you are having trouble zooming in on links to click them. Some sites I visit have miniscule sized links even after tap zooming.

jacobrv

Reaction score
Don't look for the mobile version of FF to have extension support...

Look here Mozilla.com | Mobile.
It says "Get Personal. Add-ons have gone mobile. Personalize your browser and make it your own. Search and install add-ons on the go"
It they work for the current mobile versions why wouldn't they work for Android.

mjs31

Reaction score
I'm Telling you guys...

XScope

Plain and simple - BASED off google chrome/safari

Thank you. I downloaded Xscope after reading this and I am in love with this browser. It is nearly perfect. It doesn't get in the way of itself, yet does more than any of the other current browsers. I love the modified pinch zoom for on hand (I dont like regular pinch zoom because I use only one hand). Built in file manager and the ability to download all file types.

Brilliant and my new default browser. Yeah, it costs a couple of bucks, but it is soooo worth it.

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
They're as annoying as this guy: :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! :icon_ banana:peanut Butter Jelly Time!

OP
Shmooze

Shmooze

Reaction score
A lot of interesting comments here. Maybe ill scope out this x scope business myself. No pun intended. Pun very much intended actually.