Dolphin Browser

lburley7

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to run the dolphin browser? Does it just make google better?

koralyne

Reaction score
Er... what do you mean by 'make google better"?

Dolphin is an alternative browser to the stock one, its not like an addon to it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to run the dolphin browser? Does it just make google better?

Have you installed it? To run it just click on the green dolphin icon in your app tray.

It can improve web browsing because if you set user agent to desktop/computer you will get nonmobile versions of sites (including google stuff like gmail.com) which usually have more features than mobile sites.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hahahaha yesssss, good form, good form

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Dolphin also has built-in pinch-zoom which will not be available on the stock broswer till 2.1 is released.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dolphin also has built-in pinch-zoom which will not be available on the stock broswer till 2.1 is released.

So it does make google better. It also makes this site better...

I actually rotate between the browsers. When one angers me, I switch to the next. Here's my rotation:

1)xScope - use it until I'm tired of it breaking CSS, loading sites like this one very slowly, switching between tabs when I scroll left or right on a page
2)Dolphin - use it until I'm tired of telling it every time that I want the link to open in a new tab when I long-press or until I can't figure out how to get to my bookmarks for the 20th time
3)stock browser - use it again and marvel at how it actually loads pages quickly and I can find my bookmarks but stop when I get tired of switching between "Windows"
4)Steel - I stare at it's icon for 1 second and remember how it crashed on me
5)Opera - darn fast beta, but just not quite ready. Back to xScope.