dolphin problems

thehulk20

Reaction score
Just recently I have had problems with the dolphin browser. When I try to use it all it shows is that it is loading. It takes forever, no matter where I am, and, eventually, it never loads.
The standard browser loads fast with no problems.
Is there something I can do with the dolphin settings or is it a dolphin browser issue?

Texwright

Reaction score
Change your default start page, it's the dolphin start page that causes it to hang.

OP
thehulk20

thehulk20

Reaction score
sorry if clueless, but, if I have dolphin, what should I change my default page to?

Texwright

Reaction score
no problem, in dolphin 2.0 go to settings, then system settings, select "set home page", unfortunately you have to type in the url. After that exit dolphin and restart. you should be good to go.

Reaction score
JonKyu how do you change the default homepage in dolphine ? I'm in the browser now but cant figure out how to set the home page to something else ?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really liked (and still like) the Dolphin browser, especially in comparison to the default Droid browser. But I have to say that having used xScope for a couple of weeks, I almost never use anything else. Its speed and features have won me over almost completely.

Should note, though, that one of the most enjoyable aspects of the Droid is the competition among vendors of similar applications. With the exception of one update for Dolphin that introduced some bugs and was rapidly fixed by the developers, I've enjoyed using it. Hopefully, the pressure of xScope and other browsers will continue to raise the standard.

OP
thehulk20

thehulk20

Reaction score
I really appreciate the help. I changed the settings for dolphin to open up with Google.com.
So, basically what this does is open the browser with Google as my start page and utilizes dolphin's browser tools and applications. Right?

Reaction score
I really appreciate the help. I changed the settings for dolphin to open up with Google.com.
So, basically what this does is open the browser with Google as my start page and utilizes dolphin's browser tools and applications. Right?

can you tell me where you did this ? I opened the browser but not sure where settings tab is to change this ?

Texwright

Reaction score

can you tell me where you did this ? I opened the browser but not sure where settings tab is to change this ?

In dolphin 2.0 go to settings, then system settings, select "set home page", unfortunately you have to type in the url. After that exit dolphin and restart. you should be good to go.

Reaction score
I'm in the browser right now but cant find where the settings key is ? So bad with this browser. I dont even know how to navigate to another page. Just basic fundamental stuff. If anyone is good with this browser please give me a few pointers on where exactly this stuff is. It sure is not my average firefox or IE app on my computer thats for sure.

Texwright

Reaction score
I'm in the browser right now but cant find where the settings key is ? So bad with this browser. I dont even know how to navigate to another page. Just basic fundamental stuff. If anyone is good with this browser please give me a few pointers on where exactly this stuff is. It sure is not my average firefox or IE app on my computer thats for sure.

Open the Browser and then hit the settings button (the 4 bars between the back and home keys).This will bring up a tab at the bottom of the browser with a home key, a veiw all tabs and a down arrow) hit the down arrow and this will bring up all the various Dolphin settings. To set the home page go to the settings button that shows up along with all the dolphin settings (refer to my earlier post).

To open a new tab just click the plus tab across the top of the browser.