anyone get the update yet june 12 th today????

majp89

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people are letting ICS get under their skin. Android 2.3.6 is the smoothest and IMO the best OS I've had on any of my phones. moto and Verizon say Q2, when Q2 is over and ICS isn't out then you have a small reason to complain about, it'll get to us when it gets to us 2.3.6 is just fine for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Like all tech junkies, I want new and exciting things to play with. I liked the phone over the Galaxy Nexus because it has a better camera and it is a thin phone. I bought it knowing I would have to wait a little for the software upgrade to 4.0 which was a worthy sacrifice. Instead, I'm stuck on 2.3 5 months later and both of these two can't even communicate or give a definitive date where I can expect the upgrade. It shouldn't be randomized, it should be something that people can prepare and be excited for. All it's doing is disappointing me and everyone else.

T

TheAlpha1550

nkfry said:
I don't understand why so many people are letting ICS get under their skin. Android 2.3.6 is the smoothest and IMO the best OS I've had on any of my phones. moto and Verizon say Q2, when Q2 is over and ICS isn't out then you have a small reason to complain about, it'll get to us when it gets to us 2.3.6 is just fine for me.

No it's not. My RAZR is always slow and always lags.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No it's not. My RAZR is always slow and always lags.

Then there's something wrong with yours, because it is very fast and incredibly smooth for most people.

T

TheAlpha1550

bsweetness said:
Then there's something wrong with yours, because it is very fast and incredibly smooth for most people.

Like what?

KGreis

Reaction score
Read https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c and look at the stage it currently is in. It says "Development". It has yet to move to "Testing Phase". If everyone read the fine print it says that it will be about 1 month after its testing that it will be released OTA.

As Aristotle says "Patience is a virtue"....

Im so glad its on phase 2 now itw was on phase 1 6 months while the international razrs are already available

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Im so glad its on phase 2 now itw was on phase 1 6 months while the international razrs are already available

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

The only international RAZR that has received an official OTA is the Latin version, and that just happened last week.

And it wasn't in phase 1 for six months. That was evidenced by the many leaks that have surfaced over the past two months. Motorola just doesn't update that information on a regular basis.

Why is USA always last for everything to come out -_-

Because carriers in the U.S. exercise far more control over the releases of software updates. For most international releases, the updates are handled entirely by the manufacturer without the carriers getting in the way.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not in Texas... I knew it wasn't going to come out today, but I'm still pissed. I should have stayed on the ICS leak for my vacation...

majp89

Reaction score
The only international RAZR that has received an official OTA is the Latin version, and that just happened last week.

And it wasn't in phase 1 for six months. That was evidenced by the many leaks that have surfaced over the past two months. Motorola just doesn't update that information on a regular basis.

Because carriers in the U.S. exercise far more control over the releases of software updates. For most international releases, the updates are handled entirely by the manufacturer without the carriers getting in the way.

Isn't Google trying to sell unlocked phones directly to consumers?

naknak95

Reaction score
No sign here in Maryland. I'm doing that thing with Google Service Framework, Force Stop and Clear Data, hoping that it might work.

mthorn79

Reaction score
Most phones that weren't released a couple if months ago don't have ICS yet either. Only phone that has had it since last year was the Gnex. All other sights (Samsung, HTC, Lg) give just as vague of dates on when phones that have already been out, get the update. So don't see what the fuss is about.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
No sign here in Maryland. I'm doing that thing with Google Service Framework, Force Stop and Clear Data, hoping that it might work.

So in other words, you are sitting around wasting time based on a rumor from a wholly unreliable source? CNet can't even get PC news correct, let alone smartphones. The person who wrote that article is basing the whole thing on a conversation with a buddy from Verizon, who is most likely quoting that leaked Best Buy memo from a few months ago that I believe mentioned June 12.

Of course, he fails to mention that Motorola issued a timeline well after that came out, simpy saying "Q2 2012". They still have until the end of June to meet that target. And that doesn't even mean ALL will be updated by then, just that the push MIGHT start on the last day of June.

Point is, we don't know and it's ALL speculation. But bear in mind, if it were coming today VZW would already have the changelog posted in PDF form on their site. They don't.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Isn't Google trying to sell unlocked phones directly to consumers?

They sell the GSM Galaxy Nexus directly on the Play store, and the rumor is that they want to start doing more of that.

The problem for most of us here is Verizon. Being a CDMA carrier, Verizon has to agree to allow the device on the network (by putting it into their system to allow activation), and they also have proprietary files/settings that must be added to the phone for CDMA purposes (there are separate from bloatware and necessary). So, it will be impossible for Google to sell devices directly to consumers for use on Verizon. Once Verizon goes 100% LTE, that shouldn't be a problem. But Verizon won't be 100% LTE for a long time.