anyone get the update yet june 12 th today????

naknak95

Reaction score
So in other words, you are sitting around wasting time based on a rumor from a wholly unreliable source? CNet can't even get PC news correct, let alone smartphones. The person who wrote that article is basing the whole thing on a conversation with a buddy from Verizon, who is most likely quoting that leaked Best Buy memo from a few months ago that I believe mentioned June 12.

Of course, he fails to mention that Motorola issued a timeline well after that came out, simpy saying "Q2 2012". They still have until the end of June to meet that target. And that doesn't even mean ALL will be updated by then, just that the push MIGHT start on the last day of June.

Point is, we don't know and it's ALL speculation. But bear in mind, if it were coming today VZW would already have the changelog posted in PDF form on their site. They don't.

Just refreshing the Service Framework every couple hours just to see. But knowing Motorola, it probably won't be out until the end of the year.

wojtalsd

Reaction score
Settings... About Phone... System Updates. Settings... About Phone... System Updates. Settings... About Phone... System Updates.

Still hoping but more than likely end of the month.

OP
JRH1982

JRH1982

Reaction score
I think the June 12 update was for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S ll cause theirs starting rolling out today......may have been some kind of mix up where they thought it was for us razr owners...... :((

Josebunbury

Reaction score
I knew it was too good to be true, like I said before I wasn't expecting much but I can't deny I was really hoping but deep down I knew it wasn't gonna happen... not until Motorola and Verizon do a public announcement. Until then sorry folks but I don't think we'll get out much deserve treat..

RancidJester

Reaction score
I get the 'patience' attitude and the 'it'll come when it comes' statements. However, I chose this phone because it was advertised as ICS upgrade-able. I've had it since October and have awaited this ICS upgrade. Maybe you bought the phone without caring about the OS. That's fine. I bought it with the understanding that I'd get ICS on it (without having to root). At this rate I'll be eligible for another phone upgrade before it happens, which quite frankly pisses me off.

Saturday the 9th a Verizon employee at the store told me the upgrade would happen today. Today is here. No upgrade. Kudos to those of you who are not bothered by this. I, on the other hand, am feeling like I fell for the bait-and-switch.

T

TheAlpha1550

RancidJester said:
I get the 'patience' attitude and the 'it'll come when it comes' statements. However, I chose this phone because it was advertised as ICS upgrade-able. I've had it since October and have awaited this ICS upgrade. Maybe you bought the phone without caring about the OS. That's fine. I bought it with the understanding that I'd get ICS on it (without having to root). At this rate I'll be eligible for another phone upgrade before it happens, which quite frankly pisses me off.

Saturday the 9th a Verizon employee at the store told me the upgrade would happen today. Today is here. No upgrade. Kudos to those of you who are not bothered by this. I, on the other hand, am feeling like I fell for the bait-and-switch.

Amen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Revans310

Reaction score
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'm going to let them speak for me.:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

nkfry

Reaction score

If you read back thru this thread you'll see there hasn't even been a soak test started, with such a major OS update did you honestly believe you would see the upgrade before the soak test?

There's nothing wrong with wanting the latest and greatest in technology, and if you are dying to have the ICS OS then just run the leak until the OTA comes out.

OP
JRH1982

JRH1982

Reaction score
I just talked to a tier 2 agent at Motorola and she confirmed that the upgrade is being sent out already but in waves and that you will receive a notification on your phone when it comes. She didn't know how often the waves were coming or really anything else but that it had started. We shall see. I'm eager for the upgrade but at this point its I will believe it when i see it kinda attitude.

bls8195

Reaction score
I guess we all shall see through the day into the evening, but it is what it is, I guess it will all happen in due time.

sdgmcdon

Reaction score
I just talked to a tier 2 agent at Motorola and she confirmed that the upgrade is being sent out already but in waves and that you will receive a notification on your phone when it comes. She didn't know how often the waves were coming or really anything else but that it had started. We shall see. I'm eager for the upgrade but at this point its I will believe it when i see it kinda attitude.

In my experience those guys either:

A) Don't know anything...and I mean anything...They are reading from an enhanced version of a users manual to help users (a bit like teaching a monkey to read a screen and follow on screen instructions, the only difference is these monkey's speak too)

B) Do know something, but don't care what you want to know and will tell you what you want to hear to get you to hang up so they can incrase their call volume (and thus stats/income etc at their job)