Anyone ever rooted Droid Pro?

Ride

Reaction score
Anyone that has used the Z4root, can you set up a temp root and install like Root Explorer to rename the files you don't want and reboot and lose root and still have the files renamed? Then do a temp root and rename back and do a restart and lose root say if a new update comes out?

+1 on this question. I just want to kill the DR O O I I D sound, but Root Explorer won't modify a file without root.

jhumbo

Reaction score
Anyone that has used the Z4root, can you set up a temp root and install like Root Explorer to rename the files you don't want and reboot and lose root and still have the files renamed? Then do a temp root and rename back and do a restart and lose root say if a new update comes out?

I just successfully did this. I downloaded Z4root on my PC, then moved it to the SD Card over the USB cable. After installing and rooting using Z4root, I looked for the "Root Explorer" app that people refer to, but all I found was a paid app that I didn't feel like paying for. Since I am quite comfortable with Linux, instead I then used "Android Terminal Emulator" (you can find it on the Android Market) and performed the following commands.

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cd /system/media
mv droid.ogg droid.orig
cd /system/media/audio/ui
mv camera_click.ogg camera_click.orig
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
sync
reboot

The boot DDDRROIIIDDD sound and the camera click sounds are now both gone.

I then went back into Z4root and unrooted. So far so good.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
I just rooted my Droid Pro using the link for the z4root above by hookbill and it worked great! thanks hook!

although i did run into a little problem. the first time i ran the z4, it took forever on the loading screen after i clicked permanent root so i had to battery pull and tried again. just a heads up for anyone that is also running into the same problem.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P