Anyone ever rooted Droid Pro?

autechllc

Reaction score
I just got the Droid Pro and hate paying verizon extra money to tether. Has anyone figured out a way to tether the Pro without Verizon's extra charges? I know some phone can be rooted.
Thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Let me see if its on z4root's list. Hang tight...

DroidForums junkie!!

MNk1ng

Reaction score
Z4root is compatible with the droid pro, no sbf though so root at your own risk :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Didn't see it on xda but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

DroidForums junkie!!

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Been rooted for a couple of weeks. Bootstrapped with Koush's Droid 2 Bootstrap to boot into Clockwork Recovery. Love it but wish there was another way to unlock the darn bootloader. I kinda miss being able to reflash my own phone. Might get another line and use that phone (DROID) on it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bootstrapper doesn't "unlock" the bootloader, it works alongside it.

Been rooted for a couple of weeks. Bootstrapped with Koush's Droid 2 Bootstrap to boot into Clockwork Recovery. Love it but wish there was another way to unlock the darn bootloader. I kinda miss being able to reflash my own phone. Might get another line and use that phone (DROID) on it.

DroidForums junkie!!

pilotrose

Reaction score
I just got the Droid Pro and hate paying verizon extra money to tether. Has anyone figured out a way to tether the Pro without Verizon's extra charges? I know some phone can be rooted.
Thanks!

Download a free app called EasyTether Lite

This will allow you to tether the phone to the computer (without rooting and Verizon Charges) via USB.

You wont be able to access some secure websites without paying for the full version.

If you root your phone, you can download an app called Wireless Tether, and turn your phone into a wireless Ad-hoc network that most computers, and some phones and devices can connect to.

OP
A

autechllc

Reaction score
Where can I get Z4? It is not on the market on my phone. Thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, it was pulled like 2 weeks ago. PM me your email and I'll send you the apk.

Where can I get Z4? It is not on the market on my phone. Thanks!

DroidForums junkie!!

brutalDROID

Reaction score
So you could CONFIRM that the DX/D2 Bootstrapper works 100%???? If so...im able to bootstrap then reboot into recovery, make a backup, and reboot and try and root it with z4?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Yep, the droid 2 recovery works just fine.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Anyone that has used the Z4root, can you set up a temp root and install like Root Explorer to rename the files you don't want and reboot and lose root and still have the files renamed? Then do a temp root and rename back and do a restart and lose root say if a new update comes out?